Lund Tonneau Covers - An Affordable Alternative
- Author Eric Weeks
- Published February 25, 2009
- Word count 708
Lund tonneau covers, also known as Lund truck bed covers, feature the Lund brand of roll-up or hard ABS plastic caps that blanket the cargo area of a truck. Their purpose is to streamline the look of the truck while rendering a camouflaged storage space to the pickup's truck bed. A plethora of truck cover styles are available locally or online. A great number of Lund tonneau covers constitute hard tops adorned convenient folding panels that grant the user easy entry to the truck's cargo box.
Certain competing tonneau covers can be raised and held in the air by way of steel or fiberglass staffs, alot like the poles that hold most car and pickup truck hoods raised. Other variations of Lund tonneau covers roll into a stored position. Other competitors' covers feature hard retractable tops, where slats can slide back and forth allowing truck owners to stow or remove articles from the cargo area. Certain competing rolltop-style tarps are made of materials similar to vinyl and retract into a canister when someone has the need to access the pickup bed.
Lund tonneau covers curtail the pickup truck’s drag, which helps increase the pick-up’s acceleration. Since Lund truck bed covers close off the truck cargo area, that rush of air can not burst into the cargo area, experiencing minimal renitence at the tailgate of the pickup bed. Prior to this, pickup truck drivers were given
the option of replacing the factory aluminum truck tailgate employing a kind of plastic or rubber cargo net to minimize drag.
While such tailgate alternatives do minimize wind resistance, they do not afford the same level of security for items in the tail gate end of of the truck as does a Lund tonneau cover. A net-like barrier is not as durable as the metal tailgate and it will deteriorate in a shorter time period. Nets also tend to detach, allowing items to be thrown from the truck bed even while the truck is being driven at highway speeds. Tailgate nets also downgrade the appearance of the truck, making it seem in disrepair or shoddy. Lund truck bed covers afford vastly secure storage, whilst affording your pick-up truck a veritable polished appeal.
A few featured Lund tonneau covers include:
Genesis Seal & Peel Tonneau Cover - The name really is indicative of the product. The seal is a tongue in groove closure/attachment system, much like a Glad Zip-Loc bag. The Lund Genesis Seal & Peal seems to open and close with more ease than traditional snap tonneau covers. Installation time is conservatively less than 20
minutes and requires no drilling. As it is with most of this type cover, there is a lifetime warranty for as long as the original owner has the vehicle. One real plus is that the cover requires no tension adjuster. It retains a standardized tautness throughout the various seasons. At less than $250.00, it appears quite the bargain.
Genesis Snap Soft Tonneau Cover - Really not much different from other similar covers, such as Extang's Black Max. Seemingly same quality black vinyl tarp along with black powder-coated bows and rails, the Snap Soft alleged installation time is "under twenty minutes". Same clamp-on/no-drill installation. One benefit that
deserves recognition is the warranty - lifetime on both the rails AND the tarp. Shows that the manufacturer has confidence in the quality of its product.
Genesis Tri Fold Tonneau Cover - Pre-assembly allows this cover to be installed right out of the box. Double-sided tear-resistant fabric gives an edge to the tarp right off the bat. Not unlike its competitors, Lund Tri-Fold's all-aluminum hardware is black powder coated to provide a consistant look. A nice aspect to Lund's
clamp-on system is the fact that tensioners are built-in to provide year round tautness. Nothing manual to worry about. Able to open from either end of the truck bed, you'll never have to climb in to retrieve tools or a runaway can of corn. Additionally, handy buckling straps keep the tarp folded away when in the open position.
Other Lund tonneaus include the Genesis Hinged Tonneau Cover and Genesis Roll-Up Cover.
Supplementing security with tasteful value to pickup trucks everywhere, Lund tonneau covers constitute a sound investment choice for any pick-up truck owner.
Eric Weeks has been one of the internet's leading experts on Lund tonneau covers and Lund Genesis tonneau cover since 2001. Visit these sites now to learn how you can take advantage of this technology that can safeguard both your vehicle and your belongings while improving your gas mileage by as much as 10 - 12%.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles