Tonneau Truck Covers Review
- Author Eric Weeks
- Published February 21, 2009
- Word count 428
Tonneau truck covers, sometimes referred to as a truck bed tonneau cover, are any kind of pliable or hard plastic topper that cloaks or hides the truck bed of a vehicle. They are designed, or intended, to provide unequalled aerodynamics whilst producing a blanketed storage space within the pickup's truck bed. Many
models are available both locally and online. A lot of tonneau truck covers include solid tops outfitted with hinged covers that can be operated from the tailgate end or from either side affording the user quick and easy truck bed entry.
Some additional hard truck tonneau covers can be lifted using gas shocks while still other folding tops can be accessed from either end and remove easily for quick storage, such as the BakFlip tonneau from BAK Industries. Many are hard retractable tops, whereby slats move smoothly back and forth allowing users to stow or withdraw merchandise from the storage box. Pace-Edwards is the undeniable leader when it comes to retractable truck covers. Quite a few retracting or rolling type hoods are constructed of soft fabrics not unlike an industrial fabric and easily roll up whenever anyone have the urge to gain entry to the truck bed.
Tonneau truck covers reduce the pickup truck’s wind resistance, improving the truck’s acceleration while economizing on fuel. Since truck bed tonneau covers seal the truck cargo area, air does not infiltrate the truck bed, meeting undetectable opposition at the tailgate of the pickup bed. At one time, pickup truck owners had the advantage of changing the factory metal pick-up truck tailgate employing a kind of fabric or rubber cargo net to decrease any limitations caused by drag. The primary player developed and marketed a product called
While such tailgate "nets" do reduce drag by allowing any force of air to pass right through, they don't contribute as much to safeguard items in the tail gate end of the pick-up like a tonneau truck cover. A net-like barrier isn't as structurally sound as the standard metal tailgate and it is liable to come apart quicker. Nets also
have a tendency to detach, potentially sending one's belongings out of any pick-up truck bed, especially if the vehicle is motoring along at highway speeds. Most tailgate alternatives cheapen a pick-up's image, causing it to look damaged or trashy. Truck bed tonneau covers provide much more protection, while affording your truck a veritable sleek appearance.
With heavy focus on both security and good looks, a tonneau truck cover will prove to be a beneficial asset for any vehicle owner.
Eric Weeks has been one of the internet's leading experts on truck bed tonneau covers and pickup truck covers since 2001. Visit these sites now to learn how you can take advantage of this technology that can safeguard both your vehicle and your belongings while improving your gas mileage by as much as 10 - 12%.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles