My African Dream
- Author Michael Gaffley
- Published February 16, 2009
- Word count 563
I am a son of Mother Africa, the cradle of civilization. Africa as its name indeed suggests is the birthplace, the land free from cold and horror. Africans just love the sunny skies and braaivleis (barbecue). Africa is the second largest continent. My dad told me about the pre-eminence of the African Dream long before I started reading about the American Dream. Africa is still a dream destination for aspiring international travelers. Africa is still my dream, my escape and my refuge in a pristine environment surrounded by the sounds, sights and aroma of mother nature.
When I became excited about Africa's greatness because the world's first heart transplant was performed at the Groote Schuur Hospital on December 3rd 1967, he told me about Africa's former glory years. He told me about Africa's ancient kingdoms. He told me about Egypt and its Kings and dynasties. He told me about Ethiopia whose lines ran back to King Solomon and queen Sheba. He told me about Cathage (present day Tunisia) being the capital of the Africa Province during Roman times. The Africa that I know is not comprised of mutually exclusive "tribal" nations. Trade missions and pacts existed in North Africa in spite of the absence of it in many written records. The existence of Mapungubwe as a trading post where Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa meet is one such proof. Archaeological excavations have made discoveries about this metropolis that thrived from 1050 AD to 1270 AD. Mapungubwe is regarded as South Africa's first kingdom
Hollywood movies and the media still portray a much skewed and negative view of Africa. The people of Africa are often ridiculed. This continent is currently known for its human crises, problems, conflict and the subsequent suffering of its peoples. This continent is known for famine caused by drought and other natural disasters. Most of the harm done to Africa has been done by people, people who were not born in Africa but who wanted what Africa had.
The West, notably the Europeans brought the racial plant to Africa where it soon became naturalized and exploited in well orchestrated social conditions. They sliced, diced and divided Africa at will without ever consulting any African country. Europeans literally changed both landscape and map of Africa to suit their exploits. There was an international struggle for dominion over Africa. Europeans were besotted with the inferiority, superiority paradigm and Africa has suffered much because of this implanted notion of the inferiority of black peoples. The inferiority mantra gave Europeans a cover for exploiting Africa and its peoples, most notably of which were the enslavement of Africans and the colonization of Africa. The second class citizenship that they gave to the Blacks gave them political power to dominate the majority. Their negative depiction of Africans duped the world into believing that Africans were primitive, barbaric savages. Africa was the continent that had to be saved and Africans had to become civilized and regenerated. What a grand scheme to hide their greed and need for Africa's mineral wealth. They were not only interested in the mineral wealth of Africa but also in its human capital. Hence a lucrative slave trade that ripped more than 20 million men from their families ensued. They would work on plantations and mines in the Americas and the Caribbean. Later the bulk of the slaves were needed for American plantation expansion and economic growth.
I have just completed my memoirs of childhood impacted by the conflicting images of the nuanced reality of apartheid in South Africa. www.cultureal.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stress of the Orthodox Paths
- Workaholism As Futile
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub