Payday Loans and a Nightmare Waiting to Happen
- Author Abigail Franks
- Published April 18, 2007
- Word count 487
It all starts out nice enough until you pick up the mail and notice a letter from your bank. Apparently due to a simple math error in your checkbook register, you've bounced check. Now a bounced check in previous years, would simply have resulted in your bank, requesting that you make good as quickly as possible, along with correlative with modest service fee.
In today's hyper inflated maximum income driven world however, almost nothing is as bad as a bounced check situation. An attempt to maximize profits, banks have become increasingly more willing to sacrifice good business relationships with long-term customers for short-term gain. Understand we're not talking about the person who habitually writes bad checks but the average Joe or Jane that makes a simple math mistake or error in judgment.
How many of us have at one time or another made a deposit in the bank and immediately pay our bills without deposit? This can sometimes be a problem depending on how the bank balances its own box. Although many banks acknowledge or post deposits before handling withdraws, some do the opposite in an attempt to maximize overdraft fees.
Some banks will even bounce your check, and then take out their bounced check fees that result in yet another bounced check in your account and another fee etc. Don't let this happen to you. Use the link below and get a list of payday loan service companies that will give you your first loan interest free.
Smart consumers will check with their bank to understand their overdraft and banking procedures. If you find your account was opened at a bank that posts checks written on your account before your deposits, find another bank fast!
If you are financially solid enough to qualify for overdraft protection, this is probably the best insurance you have available to keep from paying high overdraft fees. Speaking of those fees, instead of the modest service charges banks at one time charged for accidental overdrafts, fees now range from a low of $25 to as much as $40 or more depending on the bank. Should you bounce a check, it's quite normal for bank fees to be more than $100 especially if you can't immediately.
Payday loan companies have been accused of charging extremely high interest rates by the government and so-called consumer groups. The fact remains however that your local bank may be charging interest in the form of huge fees that is actually a lot higher than a payday loan service.
So remember that while consumer groups and the government claim to be the consumers friend, they're not saying much about those huge fees charged by big banking institutions. While they feel safe bullying small payday loan service companies they are apparently unwilling to take up the much larger problem and deal with the large banking corporations. After all, the real reason for saying anything is for publicity and media attention. [smile]
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash