Unsecured Loans - finance for everybody
- Author Angelo Drew
- Published April 16, 2007
- Word count 342
As the name implies, unsecured loans don't require the borrower to pledge any of his assets like home as security against the loan amount borrowed. Instead, the loan is granted viewing the borrower's credit history and his ability to repay the loan. These loans are also called signature loans or consumer loans. Unsecured loans are multiple loans that can be used for a plethora of purposes. Some of these are mentioned below
Going for holidays
Meeting educational and medical expenses
The following are the parameters on the basis of which a lender grants unsecured personal loans to the customers.
The credit history of the borrower - This is the most important criterion for judging a borrower. If the borrower has a number of defaults, arrears and miss payments in his credit history, his chances of securing an unsecured personal loan are low. He may, though, get a bad credit unsecured loan at high interest rate. If the credit score of the borrower is above 700 on the scale of 800, he may get an unsecured more comfortably because of his excellent credit record.
The DTI ratio of the borrower - DTI i.e. Debt to consolidation ratio reflects the affordability of the borrower. DTI = Debts/ Income of the borrower. If the DTI is greater than 3.6, the borrower has good chances of getting an unsecured loan.
So, the above cited reasons are the two most important factors that contribute in the lender's decision in respect to the loan amount, loan tenure and APR to be charged. If the credit history of the borrower is bad but the DTI ratio is good, the borrower may get an unsecured loan. Better the credit score of the borrower, lower his annual percentage rate (APR).
The amount one can borrow as unsecured loans start from as little as £500 and can go up to £25,000. Because the borrower doesn't secure the money by any collateral, lenders tend to limit the value of unsecured loans to £25,000. The repayment period may stretch from six months to 10 years.
The author is a business writer specializing in finance and credit products and has written authoritative articles on the finance industry. He has done his masters in business administration and is currently assisting Shakespearefinance as a finance specialist.
For more information about unsecured loans please visit: http://www.shakespearefinance.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash