Do You Know The True Impact of Your Own Thoughts?
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published March 20, 2010
- Word count 457
I read a passage in a book by Neal Donald Walsh which describes the impact of your thoughts in a very straightforward manner. The passage was entitled "A Thought Is Forever" and went on to describe how thoughts generate energy which then create an impact upon the surrounding world, the universe itself:-
"Thought is pure energy. Every thought you have, have ever had, and ever will have is creative. The energy of your thought never ever dies. Ever. It leaves your being and heads out into the universe, extending forever. A thought is forever."
A Stanford University study which was undertaken several years ago concluded that the average person has sixty thousand thoughts a day, fifty nine thousand five hundred of which are the same as the day before. We think many of our thoughts without planning to do so; they just happen in an instinctive and spontaneous manner, springing from our subconscious mind in a similar manner to spring water suddenly spurting forth above the ground.
An interesting exercise which you might like to try is to plan to only think about what is happening right now for a short period of time; to spend even five minutes "in the now" can prove to be an incredibly difficult task. Most of us are just so used to a constant commentary of thoughts running through our minds that we have forgotten what it feels like to still our minds and therefore be able to place our full focus upon the current moment.
Not only have we forgotten what this feels like, we somehow can also feel that we do not know how to still our minds and STOP these myriad thoughts from interfering with our enjoyment of the current moment. Perhaps if we realized the true impact of emitting such a mixed bag of thought energy we would try a little harder to still our thought s and focus our energy more positively and more effectively.
Not only would this have a major impact upon our own immediate life and environment, it would also benefit the big wide world far away from us; the entire universe is affected by every thought each of us has. We tend to think that our thoughts are our own individual and private "property" and believe that they only impact on our own immediate environment; but as Neal Donald Walsh points out so succinctly in the quote above, this is not the full story of a thought's impact. Your thoughts affect the world around you.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis downloads to help you to control your own thoughts and to learn how to live life in the now.
P.S. Why not grab a free hypnosis download from my website?
With a degree in psychology and qualifications in hypnotherapy, NLP and sports psychology, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement. You can get a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and peruse her extensive library of hypnosis downloads to help focus your mind.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy