How important is payment protection for a secured loan?
- Author Angelo Drew
- Published May 12, 2007
- Word count 339
Your home is one of your dearest and most treasured possessions. So, taking loans against your home is definitely to some extent putting your home at risk. But, at times, when you need money to fund major concerns, you may require hefty amounts at low rates of interest. In such cases, only a secured loan can get you what you need and that too with flexibility in repayment terms.
So, how do you ensure that any future event won't risk your house? You may decide to be regular with your monthly loan instalments, but can you guarantee what happens in the future? Definitely not! Future is unpredictable and so; one should not take any chances, especially when it comes to your home. So, why not take a payment protection scheme on your secured loan and protect your collateral.
All secured loan lenders provide the PPI that stands for Payment Protection Insurance. To define, PPI is the credit insurance that provides life insurance that pays a lump sum towards a loan upon the death, sickness, job loss, that makes the borrower incapable of paying the loan further. Thus, PPI helps the borrower in the following ways:
Prevents defaults, arrears and missed payments
Prevents bad credit score
Prevents repossession of the home by the lender
Prevents CCJs, IVAs and Bankruptcy
Helps save you extra for the future
A secured loan is pledged against the borrower's home and so, he should always opt for a PPI scheme. So that in case his is unable to keep up with the payments in future, the insurer will pay the outstanding debt to the creditor. The instalments you pay regularly to the insurer will be returned to you after the maturity of the loan.
In case you decide to take the insurance cover from the same lender from whom you are availing your secured loan, there is a possibility that you may be able to get a refund back of your PPI at the end of the loan tenure in case its not been used.
The author is a business writer specializing in finance and credit products and has written authoritative articles about personal loans and Secured loan . He has done his masters in business administration and is currently assisting Shakespearefinance as a finance specialist.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash