Why Gas Credit Cards Are No Longer Second-Rate
- Author Max Anderson
- Published June 5, 2007
- Word count 415
It used to be that gas credit cards were the credit cards you applied for when you needed to improve your credit history. Nowadays, that's no longer the case. Gone is the era when all gas credit cards offered was a high interest rate and welcome to a day and age when these financial tools have become must-have pieces of plastic.
- Kiss High Interest Goodbye
If you think carrying a gas credit card means paying interest rates of more than 20 percent, you may want to think twice.
Gas credit cards are no longer the money guzzlers they used to be. Nowadays you can get a gas credit card with an interest rate of well below 20 percent. Just shop around and you'll find plenty of low-interest gas credit cards available.
- Combat Those Gas Prices
Most of us do what we can to make our gas dollars stretch. Who can blame us with the way gas prices have been going? Usually, saving gas money means conserving gas and changing driving habits. After all, it's not like you can find coupons for fuel discounts in the local paper.
While you may not be able to find coupons for 25 cents off a gallon of gas, you can use gas credit cards to save money at the pump. Many gas credit cards offer money back or gas rebates when you use the card to pay for your gas purchases.
While it may not seem like a lot, a gas rebate of 5 percent can equate to 15 cents a gallon. That's taking a $3.00 gallon of gas and lowering the price to $2.85. Considering some people would drive across town to get that kind of a price break, gas credit cards are looking better and better as prices go up.
Just remember, pay those balances in full each month or your rebates won't cover the finance charges you accrue.
- More Than Just Gas
Some gas credit cards offer added perks that have nothing to do with gas stations or fuel. Some gas credit cards have been known to offer dining rebates, double cash back bonuses and other great perks.
If you haven't considered gas credit cards lately, you may want to give them another glance. After all, many of us have been saying that gas is like gold -- so maybe a gas card is like a gold card? Check out the current deals and you may be surprised that many of the gas credit cards out there really have a lot to offer.
For more tips on getting the best gas credit cards, saving money and avoiding getting taken, check out CreditCardTipsEtc.com, a website that specializes in providing credit card tips, advice and resources.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is the Process of Buying a Car Worth your Time?
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia