New Features In The New Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Author Al Oberm
- Published July 2, 2007
- Word count 617
The 1949 Willys Jeep Station Wagon made headlines as the industry's first sport utility vehicle 4x4. It clearly was the lead vehicle in a long line of Jeep wagons, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee has effectively taken its place at the head of line. The Grand Cherokee now even enjoys a devout following in the off road crowd and aftermarket items are readily available to upgrade the Grand Cherokee's off-road capabilities like ARB Bumpers for Jeeps, BDS Jeep Lift Kits, and OX Lockers.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has four models: the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Limited, Laredo, and the SRT8.
The many components that make up the Jeep Grand Cherokee all work together in a fluid motion to accomplish the goal of being one of the top and best selling sports utility vehicles. The independent front suspension and live-axle rear suspension system on the Jeep Grand Cherokee operate to deliver a smooth ride and help maintain vehicle control even under the most difficult road conditions. The Quadra-Drive II allows the driver to employ 4WD and locks the center differential while engaged in 4LO allowing excellent control for off-road conditions from the rugged hill terrain to deep snow.
The power of the Jeep Grand Cherokee comes from a varied selection of engine choices. There is the new 3.0L V6 Turbo Common-Rail Diesel Engine renowned for it's fuel economy in a 4x4 vehicle. The powerful 5.7 L HEMIâ V8 Engine with Multi-Displacement System which offers an economy saving piston displacement system, which kicks in when the Grand Cherokee maintains a cruising speed of 40 - 60 mph (4 of the 8 cylinders will deactivate adding to gas-saving efficiency). The 4.7L Flexible Fuel V8 Engine can run on gasoline or the ecologically friendly E85 without conceding any of it's power or performance. The 3.7L V6 Engine is efficient, durable and operates smoothly and quietly. The 6.1L SRT HEMIâ V8 Engine is built for pure performance. It goes from 0 - 60 mph in less than 5 seconds for some overall eye-opening takeoff speed.
Safety and security is of the utmost importance in the design of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It now offers the Electronic Stability Program in operation with the antilock braking system and the traction control system. These systems work in conjunction to limit wheel slippage and refine control of the vehicle during acceleration. The standard side-curtain and multi-stage front air bags along with the UniFrame body and safety cage design provide a noiseless ride with reduced vibration and together provide protection to the driver and passengers.
Potential owners of the Jeep Grand Cherokee can choose from the available choices of security features such as the ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, which enables you to clear tight spots, the GPS Navigation System equipped with the ParkView, which is an optional rear back-up camera allowing you to detect hidden objects when backing up, the SmartBeam intelligent headlamp system adjusts high-beam brightness automatically, a standard feature on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Limited.
They didn't ignore the interior when up-grading today's Grand Cherokee. The interior a sophistication and unlimited elegance from the standard heated Preferred Suedeâ Microfiber and leather-trimmed front seats to the standard 6-speaker Boston Acousticâ Premium Sound System. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a spacious interior with the standard Dual Zone Climate Control and the standard sunroof that adds to the ambience of the unlimited elegance already present in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The exterior displays an elegant style all it's own with the chrome details and the Jeep signature seven-slot grille.
The 2007 Grand Cherokee allows you the opportunity to experience a sophisticated, quiet, comfortable and safe ride while traversing unpredictable terrain of on and off-road conditions making the Jeep Grand Cherokee a vehicle worth checking out.
In his spare time, Al likes to learn more about one of the true American Automotive Legends, The Jeep. When he is working, Al is a marketing manager for one of the leading on-line retailers of aftermarket Jeep accessories and parts, Xtreme Terrain Concepts. They can be found at http://www.xtremeterrain.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles