Diesel Performance Chips - The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread
- Author Nathan Young
- Published July 9, 2007
- Word count 386
Diesel Performance Chips have evolved over the last decade or so that they have been in use, and have vastly gained popularity. The reason for their evolution and following is because the diesel performance chips are able to dramatically increase power and I mean dramatically. There are diesel performance chips that can increase power as much as 230 horse power and 400 foot pounds of torque. That is almost as much power as some of the diesel trucks come with bone stock. There are three ways that diesel performance chips are able to create power and improve economy.
The first way that I will discuss that the diesel performance chips are able to increase power and economy is through duration. Duration means that the injectors are held open longer so that more fuel can be injected into the cylinder. More fuel equals more power. Diesel performance chips that use duration are not a good choice for a fuel mileage gain, but it does create large amounts of power.
The second way is timing. Timing means that the fuel is injected earlier. Timing when used correctly also adds a great amount of power and adds to economy. The goal of timing on diesel performance chips is to get the fuel in the cylinder at a more efficient time. If that is accomplished then more power is extracted from each molecule of fuel.
The third way that diesel performance chips increase power and economy is through pressure. Pressure means that the fuel rails line pressure is increased, so more fuel is injected which creates more power, but at the same time having more pressure to the fuel when it gets to the injector helps it to create a finer mist or atomize as the fuel exits the several little holes in the injector tip. This improved atomization also helps the fuel to mix better with the air that enters the cylinder and is able to extract more power out of the fuel.
Many of the diesel performance chips, modules, boxes, tuners, and the like use a combination of two of these techniques, and some use all of them. So essentially by adding more fuel and improving the way the engine burns the fuel and especially the increased amount of fuel, the diesel performance chips can dramatically increase power and economy.
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles