I Am Real Cool: Avoiding Personal Ad Disasters
- Author Frank Vanderlugt
- Published October 7, 2007
- Word count 543
When you’re considering what you should put into your online personal ad or profile, you might want to avoid using "I am real cool" and other such statements. If you’ve looked at other profiles, you already know that some are complete disasters and the individual on the other end is probably wondering why no one is responding. Writing a profile will take some work but you can get a profile that grabs attention if you work at avoiding the common mistakes that others make.
Mistake #1: Negativity
Many people list all of the bad qualities that they aren’t looking for in a mate or express negativity about their dating experiences online. Let’s face it: most people aren’t looking to date cheating, dishonest losers. Stating this in your profile makes it appear that you have some baggage to deal with. Leave discussion about past relationships and experiences for later.
Mistake #2: Common Clichés and Adjectives.
Along this line, avoid all the cliché adjectives that people use to describe themselves. You may think it’s a positive to say that you’re honest, don’t cheat, and so on, but the reality is that people overuse these adjectives and they are often used by the very people who shouldn’t be using them.
You want to be able to set yourself apart from others and let potential dates get to know the real you. Show yourself in your profile and get specific. Talk about what you love and what makes you tick.
Mistake #3: Appearance, Sex, and Money
Some people will focus their profiles on aspects like appearance, sex, and money. They’ll focus on these aspects in themselves and in the individuals that they are looking for. While these things are important, too much information on them will make you look shallow or creepy. It’s fine to describe yourself in a G rated way and give an indication of your lifestyle, but leave the rest out.
Mistake #4: Boring, Boring, Boring
You want your profile to stand out. That should start with an attention grabbing headline and continue into the profile. Boring profiles sound just like each other and they won’t make someone want to contact you. Some people opt for a conservative, boring profile because they are afraid people won’t contact them. This approach generally backfires because people can’t get a sense of the real you. At the other end, if you joke around, do so tastefully.
Mistake #5: Too Much Information or Too Little
Some individuals give way too much information in their profiles while others barely give any. You need to strike a good balance. Your profile doesn’t have to include your entire life history, but you do need to tell potential dates about yourself. Aim to give your profile a personal stamp, but leave some things to talk about on the first date.
Stating "I am real cool" may get you a few responses, but you’re much more likely to attract quality individuals if you put some time into your profile and work toward making it reflect who you are. Even if you are "real cool," you can probably find some unique and interesting ways of showing this to those reading your profile.
Frank j Vanderlugt owns and operates http://www.iamrealcool.com 2 IamrealcoolcomArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub
- An attractive American female CEO, who defeats an attractive British female aristocrat in a way that isn't hypocritical
- Metaphysical Reflections about Spinoza and his Concepts Pertaining to Metaphysics and God and the Wave Structure of Matter