- Author Michelle Mayur
- Published June 9, 2010
- Word count 655
My garden is my pride and joy and it broke my heart to see the beautiful plants being cooked in place in the extreme heat over summer. Combined with the drought conditions, many of these plants appeared to die completely. Then the miracle happened. The inner Resilience of these plants refused to let them die and with the first decent rainfall they seemed to be reborn as green leaves appeared and the grass regenerated. All those plants that would normally have flowered over summer, but had been struggling to just exist, suddenly burst forth into bud. Now the garden is filled with flowers, such as magnolias, flowering completely out of season. It is as if the plants are saying to me, "Look at me. I am beautiful. I'm a survivor!"
Our greatest challenges in life are usually our greatest teachers, whether it be through a difficult relationship, serious illness, caring for terminally ill loved ones, an unexpected job loss, addictive behaviour, being bullied or anything that pushes us well out of our comfort zone. Something I have noticed many times over the years is the difference between people in their ability to cope with challenging life circumstances. The key is their level of Resilience -their ability to pick themselves up again after being knocked down, dust themselves off and get on with life versus getting energetically stuck in the experience, which stops them from moving forward and stunts the opportunity for emotional growth.
This Resilience, or lack thereof, is likely to be the result of genetic predispositions involved, the available repertoire of coping skills and other people's responses to the person. Often that person will soon realize there are secondary gains by getting stuck in 'poor me' victim mentality, such as getting extra care from others and being able to avoid certain responsibilities. Unfortunately these perceived secondary gains deny the opportunity to develop Resilience and to fully participate in a joyful, high vibration life of the present.
If you are stuck in the past, blaming all your current misery on events that happened long ago, isn't about time you gave yourself the gift of letting all those heavy vibrations go and allowing yourself to see the beauty that is all around you now? After all, the Law of Attraction states that we get what we focus on, so why not make it something pleasurable? Walk in a park, watch a beautiful sunrise or sunset, stroll along the beach, treat yourself to a soul-nurturing activity. Just because things were really bad for you for a while and you may have experienced a whole range of emotions like anger, frustration, sadness, grief, depression, despair and helplessness, that doesn't mean that you have to hold onto those emotions and allow them to manifest in the body as disease (dis-ease) and disharmony. Have you ever watched a child go from crying in frustration to happily playing within a few seconds, just because a child feels the e-motion (energy in motion), expresses it and then lets it go?
Even if you are currently undergoing major life challenges now, search deep within yourself to find that inner power, that Resilience, those coping skills that will help you to find the meaning to the experience and to learn any lessons it has to offer.
Just remember the plants in my garden - when they were so battered by the extreme conditions over summer that it looked as if they had given up, they still held onto the thread of life force deep within that allowed them once again to burst forth into their magnificence. No matter what challenges life throws at you, stand tall and proud and let your true beauty bloom.
This article can be republished or reused as long as you keep the information intact, including Michelle Mayur’s bio, without altering this article in any way and by quoting where you get the published article from. Thank you.
Discover the biggest mistakes that stop you attracting financial abundance. Get helped by heal the healer. Michelle Mayur is the creative Conscious Entrepreneur behind the Heal the Healer Membership and Mentoring Program.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy