Positive Attitude - Is it the Hardest Job in the World?
- Author Tomislav Tomic
- Published August 3, 2010
- Word count 659
What do you think is the hardest job in the world? Is it being a surgeon... lawyer... priest... professor... musician... writer... policeman...?
Personally, I think that the hardest job in the world is forming the habit of thinking about the particular kind of reality that we wish to experience. By that I do not mean just the moments when we are feeling all right and we think everything is great. Rather, I am referring to thinking about it during the entire day regardless of what is happening around us.
But, why is it so hard to think constantly about what we want to experience? If there is something that we love and desire for, would it not make sense if it were the one and only focus of our thoughts?
Thinking about what we love and want in our lives can often be very hard precisely because we have not been taught to think that way. Indeed, not many people have had a chance to be taught from their early childhood that the way we think and look at the world is the crucial factor in creating the things which we experience in our lives.
From our earliest days we learn to listen hearing people complaining about life's circumstances and blaming "others" for the problems they have. Without questioning, we are beginning to accept the patterns of thinking handed down to us by our parents, teachers, politicians, priests, and others, and accepted them as our own. Such adopted ways of thinking have brought us into the reality that we are experiencing, and our experience of such reality has only strengthened our beliefs which created the reality in the first place. We have all heard people say, "Have I not told you so... listen to me, I know better."
We have been taught to see things that have happened in our life as "givens" which cannot be changed, and that the best way to deal with it is to figure out how to blend into this given reality.
Be as it may, be aware that what we call "our reality" is not something that is happening independent of us, but our reality is a direct consequence of the thoughts we have been engaging in the most.
If you wish to alter the reality you live in right now, you must change your way of thinking, and as a consequence of the change in your thought pattern you will experience a new reality which will be in harmony with your new way of thinking.
However, thinking about what we want is not hard for the reason that it is objectively hard; instead, it is hard because we have developed a long-term habit of thinking and talking about the things we do not wish to have in our lives.
How do we change this habit?
We can change this habit by practicing every day how to focus our attention to that which we wish to create in our lives, no matter what the issue is. In the same way that we form our muscles by lifting weights, we can also create a new reality by focusing our attention on new thought patterns. The more you exercise, the easier and more fun it gets. The principle is the same: we are just dealing with a different kind of creating.
Of course, it is clear that this is no easy task, but does that matter when your life is in question?
The more you speak and think about what you wish to create and subsequently experience, the easier it will be for you to think even more about what you wish, and to take practical steps toward achieving your goals.
So do your mental "workouts" daily in the sense that you need to create a gradual and conscious habit of thinking and speaking only of those things that make you happy. All other thoughts are simply to be rejected. They are not for you.
This article is written by Tomislav Tomic. If you enjoyed reading it, take a look at his new book - Ancient Keys of Joy; Discover the ancient secrets of authentic happiness - http://www.ancientkeysofjoy.com - or visit his coaching web site: http://www.ifeelgoodcoaching.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings