The 7 Secrets of Happy People
- Author Kari Farmer
- Published December 8, 2010
- Word count 898
There is that person who always seems to be happy no matter what they are doing and you can’t understand why they are so happy! Do they not have problems in their life? Do they not have stress that makes them tired and cranky? Do they not have annoying family and friends who expect a lot out of them?
The answer is yes they do. They live on the same planet as you after all! But they have a different approach to handling the stuff life brings them which makes them happier than most people.
Here are 7 secrets that happy people know that you need to learn to get on board the happy train of life!
- The live in the present.
Happy people don’t hold on to the past like other people do. They focus on what is happening around them and enjoy it with a passion that only living in the moment can offer.
Many of us tend to dwell in our negative experiences and this makes us less happy in the short-term and long run.
Living in the present creates an awareness of life going on around you and allows you to enjoy what you are doing right now without baggage memories and expectations from your past. So open your eyes and pay attention to your present activity. Your happiness will thank you!
- They have strong relationships in their lives.
Whether they are in an intimate relationship, have close friends, or have family that they cherish – they have strong relationships that support them and lift them up.
When you carry the weight of life on your shoulders alone it can be a huge load to walk around with. Friends, family, and spouses can offer a helping hand at taking that load off of you and helping you see issues you have more clearly as well as get over them quicker.
Without a support system you can have a hard time working through issues and you can carry them around with you while more issues pile up on top of them.
If you do not have a spouse and have no close family then go out and make relationships with kindred spirits by joining activities that you are interested in. When you form a strong relationship cherish it for what it does for you.
- They know who they are and act the part!
They are not trying to be someone they are not and instead they talk, walk, and act exactly how they are without trying to impress anyone else. They don’t quiet down their laugh because it’s too loud and they don’t wear the ‘in clothes’ for the season so others think they are stylish. They just are who they are.
When you are trying to be someone you are not you are essentially telling yourself that you are not good enough. How are you supposed to be happy when you feel you are not good enough? Realize that uniqueness is a sexy quality in people and since everyone is unique you cannot be like everyone else and they should not expect you to be!
- They do not complain.
They do not complain about every single thing that happens to them and dwell in it for days but they instead just do it or get through it or move on from it.
Complaining is an extremely negative emotion to have or be around. Complaining does absolutely nothing for anyone except make them more miserable. It doesn’t solve problems, find solutions, or get rid of negative emotions - it just keeps the problems and negativity hanging around longer. How can you be happy when you are always complaining?
- They are doing what makes them happy.
Everyone has something in life that they absolutely want to be doing. Happy people do it. They do the things that make them the happiest in their career, activities, and life in general.
If you hate your job then change it to something you love. If you sit at home all day being miserable then get out and do something that would make you happy.
Follow your joy and participate in things that make you feel good about yourself and life and happiness will come naturally to you.
- They see the positive side of everything.
There is literally a negative and positive side to everything and happy people see the positive side very clearly.
Negative people tend to dwell on the negative side of every situation.
It doesn’t matter what you are doing you always have a choice to look at the glass half full or half empty. It’s up to you. Just remember that if you look at it half full you will be happier in life.
- They are compassionate and understanding
Having compassion for other people makes them, and you, happy. It’s a win-win situation.
When you have compassion for other people you are more willing to help out and lend an ear. This in turn makes them feel better about themselves and when you can help other people be happier you instantly receive the benefits for yourself. You feel better about yourself and what you are doing with this life.
When you do not have compassion and understanding you become short-tempered and irritable. This leads to complaining and negativity and it’s impossible to be naturally happy from this state.
Kari is the owner of manifest connection at http://manifestconnection.com, a self help website focused on helping people become happier and healthier in their lives.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings