How a To-Do List Can Increase Your Happiness
- Author Kari Farmer
- Published December 25, 2010
- Word count 730
Many of us wake up with so many thoughts in our mind that it is a wonder we don't get an instant headache! We worry about the things that happened yesterday, and the things that we have to do today. We worry about things that haven't happened yet, and we usually focus on negative thoughts instead of positive ones. Our thoughts rarely lead to happiness and excitement because we are so busy worrying! Our thoughts are very powerful and can set up the rest of our day for us. This is why the expressions, "If you wake up feeling good you will have a good day!" and "If you wake up feeling bad you will have a bad day!" are so true.
What if there was a way to ensure that you would wake up with positive and excited thoughts for the day ahead? What if you could ensure that your day will be full of happiness and joy? You can! You can make a to-do list of things you want to do that will bring you joy. The list will not allow you to worry about things that haven't happened because you will have so much direction for your day, from your list, that you simply won't have time to do so. You will look forward to the day ahead and what YOU want to accomplish to help you feel more fulfilled and joyful about life.
To-do lists are really great for staying on track and keeping positive about your day. The key is to set your day up the night before. Think about what goals you want to achieve, or what tasks you want to finish that push you further towards your goals. Think about what things would make you feel happy and accomplished after doing them, and schedule them in for the day ahead. Only focus on things you want to accomplish, and things that will make you happy. Do not let your mind wander to things that make you sad, or things that you don't think will work out in your favour. Think of all your to-do tasks ending with a positive outcome only.
Write, or type, out your to-do list in an order that you see your day happening in. This will give you a realistic and structured list to follow. Checking each item off in a chronological order will also make you feel more organized and efficient.
Your goal should be to make a list that you believe in, and will make you happy throughout the day. But it should also a list that pushes you further to a life full of happiness. In other words, do not make the list all about easy things, but instead include a few challenging tasks that will push you forward to the life you want. They should be something that you don't find completely easy and effortless.
There are many examples. If you want to lose weight, then make a point of exercising a few minutes longer then you are used to. If you want to become a writer, then make a point of studying professional writing. If you want to change jobs, then make a point of acquiring new skills that will allow you to do so. Whatever you want will require a little extra effort that you are not used to doing, and a to-do list will help you clearly see what your mind already knows needs to be done. It will also make you accountable for doing those things. No longer will you say, "I wish I could do that!", but instead you will see that you have to do things in order to do that. And you will be working towards the thing you want most.
Even the thought of your day bringing excitement, challenge, and growth to your life, will make you happy. You will think about the day ahead before you go to sleep. Your unconscious will work on how to go about things you need to do to accomplish your tasks. You will wake up excited and ready to go with your daily list in mind.
And at the end of the day, when you have checked off all of your daily tasks; you will feel a sense of accomplishment that always makes you feel good. You will feel better about yourself and your life, and happiness will be unavoidable.
Kari talks about a free and amazing online goal setting software, that will not only plan your day but will allow you to clearly see your short, medium, and long term goals. To read more about it click here.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings