How to Get Over Someone - 10 Steps to Help You Out
- Author Chris Roberts
- Published January 6, 2011
- Word count 740
If you have ever been dumped, you know that the days following the initial break up can be rough. How you normally would act can be altered just by being dumped. You typically act on feelings. However, you can get through this time, dealing with it on a "sane" level and perhaps be friends at the end or get over someone you loved.
Are you ready to get over someone? Do you know which part of the dumped stage you are in? Do you want to get your ex back? No matter what level you are on, the thing to do is to distinguish it and deal with it. Remember, what you think and what is comfortable to you are most important. You need not worry with what people have to say about it all.
Where you go from here really depends on which stage of the breakup you are in. Have you reached a stage that your relationship is now hopeless? Then get it done. You don’t want to hold onto the hope that it may get better. For the both of you, it is best if one of you is honest.
Has the relationship ended? Then this is the time to accept it. If you learn what went wrong in the relationship, you can use it to your benefit for your next relationship and move on. It can difficult moving on but accepting it really does clear the way for you to hit the ground running. Does this mean you won’t feel bad about how things went? Not at all; in fact, you may feel confused, betrayed and doubt, for starters. It’s natural to wonder how to go on when you have lost the love of your life. Always take time to mourn the loss.
After you’ve done your mourning, it’s time to pick yourself up and brush yourself off. While it seems easier said than done, it can be done. Your goal is to get over someone or wanting to get him or her back. Go see your friends. Make some time to hang out with them outside your home. Try to make a "to do" list and stay with it. If you can stay active both mentally and physically, you can get over a past love much easier. It makes you look to the future as if it is a little brighter.
There are 10 other things you can do to get over someone. They are:
(1) Hide those pictures or objects that would remind you of your ex;
(2) Do something nice for yourself like joining a gym or going to a spa to relax;
(3) Make time to meet new folks;
(4) Restore the spiritual bond you have;
(5) Get out and date. Doing this gives you a chance to boost your own ego. (This doesn’t mean go out, date and get serious unless you are ready to do so.);
(6) Go out with friends for a day away;
(7) Don’t hold in your feelings. Talk with someone you trust about them;
(8) Don’t rush into another relationship. Stay single for awhile and relish it;
(9) Be sure to make it a girls’ or guys’ night out only; and
(10) Try to remember that you can deal with things on your own but it’s good to have friends to help you out.
It’s important to reiterate that going out immediately and finding someone to be with is a bad mistake. While they are a wonderful distraction from your initial breakup, they tend not to last. Always learn who the person is first before just jumping into the relationship. Rebound relationships are usually not done this way. Should you find someone who perks up your interest then find out who they are first.
If your goal is to win back your ex, you can use the same advice. If you broke up over a huge issues and things are not done to resolve it, chances the relationship will work a second time are close to nil. If both of you want to make a second go of it, try to take it slow. Respond to the relationship as if it were the first time you have went out with one another. However, whether or not you get over someone, it’s always best to work on your feelings and your emotions before seeking out a new relationship. It is best to remember that piece of advice.
Don't waste any more time crying for your ex; it is important for you to learn how to get over someone when the relationship is over. You will never feel the urge to contact him/her, remember the pain or feel unworthy anymore when you visit www.ForgetEx.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stress of the Orthodox Paths
- Workaholism As Futile
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub