Unclutter Your Life Just Say No
- Author Clint Arthur
- Published February 5, 2011
- Word count 473
Today's tip on how to help you unclutter your life and gain clutter control, has to do with the issue of time management and creating more time for yourself.
Part of the reason why you have so much clutter is because you just don't have the time to deal with all the clutter that you've already accumulated, or with the new stuff you keep getting which just keeps piling up and piling up.
So in order to get ahead you have to make more time for clutter control.
Today's suggestion on how to make more time is very simply to start saying no more often. You may be the type of person who has a hard time saying no. Not me. Well, that's not exactly true, I do like to accommodate people, I like to say yes, I like to do what people want...it's kind of a business philosophy of mine to give people what they want, not what I want to give them, but what they want.
However, what happens with alot of people is they have people coming at that asking them to bake cookies, or to volunteer their time, or to give money, or to do extra work on the weekends, or whatever. And people are afraid to say no because they don't want to be liked less...they want to be liked, loved, and thought of as nice.
If you're here because you're searching for ways to unclutter your life and have more clutter control, then you probably have an issue and it's time to start taking some serious action to eliminate the clutter in your life.
Today's simple technique is to just say no. When you're boss says "hey, can you work an extra hour, I really need somebody?". You can say, "you know I've done it for you many times, and I'd really like to, but I really can't, I'm sorry, but I really need the time for me".
Or if someone from the PTA says "hey, can you bake a couple dozen cookies for us for the bake sale?". You can say you know, I'd really love to, but I can't, I have a really big project I'm working on right now and I have to really focus to get it done.
Don't tell them that you're living in a mound of clutter, or that your a pack rat or horder, but tell them that you just need the time for you.
And once you've created this extra time for yourself, use it!
Don't just waste it worrying about stuff. Stop worrying. Go get that huge pile of newspapers and take it out to the recycling bin and get it out of your house. That's what the extra time is for and you need to use that time effectively.
Clint Arthur is the author and program leader of http://www.lastyearofyourlife.com a 52-week self empowerment and life purpose coaching experience.
If you'd like instant access to 20+ more videos like this one, where you will learn how to unclutter your life visit http://www.declutternow.infoArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings