Random Acts of Kindness - Ways to Feel Good
- Author Kari Farmer
- Published February 25, 2011
- Word count 494
Random acts of kindness serve a dual purpose. They not only make other people feel good but they make you feel good as well. There are so many different ways that you can perform a random act of kindness throughout your day, and if you take the time to grab the opportunity you will thank yourself later.
Here are just a few ways you can do random acts of kindness that will have you feeling good from the inside out.
Help someone out - Take the time to help someone carry something that is too heavy, or reach for something in the store that they can’t reach.
Lend an Ear To Someone in Need – Listening is one of the greatest gifts we can offer someone. I mean really listening to what they have to say and understanding their point of view. You will make them feel validated and possibly help them work through a major issue they are having.
Surprise someone – Whether you just call someone you haven’t heard from in a while, or if you go out and buy someone something they wanted, surprising them can make them feel really good. You may even brighten up a gloomy day.
Donate – Try donating to your local food bank or shelter on a regular basis. To donate to people who have less than you will not only make their lives better, but it will also make you appreciate what you have.
Be courteous – Most people will not let you in front of them in line for any reason. People do not want to give up that extra inch they have whether they are standing in line or driving in rush hour. Be a courteous person and let people get ahead of you sometimes. You will shock them, and you will show them there are people out there who think about others first.
Take notice of others – We live in our own bubble, that’s for sure. We can walk down a street and not see anyone even if the street is crowded. Take the time to notice others and appreciate their differences. Say something nice to someone to make them feel noticed. Just a quick hello and smile can brighten someone’s day.
Pick up after someone – Instead of yelling at someone for throwing garbage on the ground, or leaving their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot, try picking up after them. You will feel better for not yelling and you may even inspire them to start picking up after themselves. People don’t respond well to yelling but kindness is a different story.
Be kind to yourself – Do something you love and something that makes you happy. Buy something you want that will make your life more fun or easier. You owe yourself as much kindness as you give to other people. After all, you are with yourself 24 hours a day, you might as well be good to yourself!
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings