1. What Other Choices Are There Besides Part-Time Jobs?
- Author Mike Ooi
- Published June 18, 2011
- Word count 438
Part-time job is an arrangement between the employee and the employer where employee is contracted to work less than the typical full-time hour. Part-time job will be the preferred form of employment for those who wish to have flexibility in managing their time. Nevertheless, besides part-time job, permanent positions may also be created to give flexibility.
There are plenty of methods employers can accommodate the desire for flexibility working hours. Options accessible contain flexi-hour, staggered hours and compressed hours. Flexi-hour enables workers decide on within set limits of when to begin and finish work. Staggered-hour enables workers to have various start, finish and break times where business enterprise benefits with longer operating hours, which are commonly practices in retail stores. Compressed working hour enables workers to cover their total number of hours in fewer working days. This is prevalent in call centre, where workers work 15 hours a day consequently for four days and have a three days break, as opposed to the five day work week and a 2 days weekend.
For corporations that runs shift, flexibility might be developed through shift swapping or rostering. In shift swapping, all workers are allowed to arrange shifts amongst themselves with the only requirement that all necessary shifts are covered. In self rostering, workers get to choose the shifts they would prefer, and their supervisor compiles shift patterns to match their individual preferences while covering all required shifts.
For people who prefers to have periodic longer time off can regarded as arrangements like term-workers, time off in lieu, sabbatical/career break, and even temporary jobs. Term-workers are on a permanent contract but allow to take longer paid/unpaid leave throughout the holidays. Time off in lieu permits workers to take time off to compensate for extra hours they've worked, in several circumstances additional hours clocked could be accumulated for a long holiday. Sabbatical/career break are extended period of time off, either paid or unpaid, given to worker after a period in service.
Even work from home or teleworking is gaining popularity as a result of the emergence of World-wide-web. This is an arrangement where workers spend all or part of their week working from residence or location away from the office, so long as they're reachable through email or phone. This works specially well for mothers with young children.
While employing part-time staff has a number of rewards specially with price control, then again, employer unquestionably doesn't want all employees to be part-time. Transferring the numerous advantages of part-time job that employer gains to full-timers by creating their working hours extra flexible will absolutely have greater staff retention and job satisfaction.
There are no posted comments.
- Keeping Your Mind And Body Healthy While Stuck At Home
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career