Best Fields For Technical Writer
- Author Feisty Ash
- Published July 10, 2011
- Word count 543
Technical writing can be defined as,
"A method of researching and creating information about technical processes or products".
The main objective of technical writing is to present the hardcore technical information to the non technical people in a way that it is easy to understand and follow.
Best Fields for Technical Writers
Nowadays, technical writers are a lot in demand. Due to the constantly emerging new and innovative technological products; websites, blogs and companies require technical writers who could create product manuals and FAQs for their customers.
Best fields for technical writers are technology, product reviews, instruction manuals, online magazine and blog networks.
Types of Technical Writing
Technical writing can be broadly divided into the following kinds:
Popular Technical Writing Fields and Careers
Through this article, you will be able to find the currently popular best technical writing fields.
Companies are increasingly creating and upgrading software applications. The development indicates the significant need of technical writers because with every new piece of software developed, there is a dire need to write manuals, marketing materials, training guides, how-to guides and troubleshooting manuals for the users.
This technical material is also helpful for the helpdesk staff as they find it easy to provide solutions and troubleshooting tips to the customers online and on phone. Computer software is an ever evolving field and rarely stagnant; so there will always be a demand for technical writers.
Manufacturers for computer hardware and equipment are mostly in search of technical writers who could create operational manuals, instructional and troubleshooting guides for end users. These manuals are not only helpful for the customers but also those who would use these hardware parts to create finished products.
We are living in a world where every other thing is technology based. Take a look at your cell phones, laptops, television sets, DVD players, electronic appliances and gadgets; all employ technology in one way or the other. Companies making tech based products are always on the hunt for writers who have penchant for technology.
As a technical writer, you will be asked to create product reviews, advantages, disadvantages and comparisons for websites, blogs and written brochures and manuals. The job is tricky; but you can easily handle it once you have ample interest and knowledge of technologically defined gadgets. IT technology is one of the most popular technical writing fields.
Prescriptions, drug manuals, health FAQS, disease guides are the documents which a technical writer working in the medical writing field is expected to produce.
There is a high demand for technical writers who could write reports and descriptions of various scientific discoveries. These reports are usually published in scientific magazines, journals and periodicals.
Engineering companies seek the expertise of technical writers to create manuals, presentations, models, illustrations, reports, design specifications for engineers and technicians so that they could carry out their jobs smoothly.
Automobile firms are always in search of technical writers who could describe the steel cabins in a way that pulls in the target customers. Technical writers are also required to create installation manuals of cars for those into the car repairing and modifying business; and also guide book for the car owners.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals