What Is Your Greatest Personal Strength?
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published July 12, 2011
- Word count 389
Everyone has a different idea about what characteristics are most important depending upon circumstances and personal experience. Some may say it is their sunny nature, or their ability to remain calm or to laugh at themselves. Others would say it is their perseverance or tenacity. Self belief and confidence are frequently thought of as ones greatest strength.
This is actually a great question to ask a person. It has enormous scope and should instigate a conversation which could last for hours. The way in which it is answered will also tell you a lot about that other person. Their answer may in fact be completely different from that which you might have secretly expected.
There is of course no prescribed perfect answer; it is completely one's own opinion which counts. You could argue for days about whether a good sense of humor is more important than perseverance, confidence more important than calmness, and so on.
A further question which could prove to be interesting would be to ask what a person's greatest weakness is and why this is the case. The majority of people will admit to having weaknesses; they know that they could be better at such and such, or they wish that they were stronger in a certain way. At that point I always find myself wanting to ask what they could do to change that; how could they become stronger in that area?
You see, most people accept their weaknesses as part of them; it is just how they are. They don't actually get to the point of thinking that they could change or considering ways in which they could grow stronger. You see examples of this in many of life's arenas. People often put up with mediocrity because they do not know that they can grow and change.
No matter what your strengths or weaknesses are you always have the ability to change, so long as you think that you can. For me, I think that one of the greatest strengths which we should all strive for is the desire to be the best that you can be together with the mental adaptability to chase that dream.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads for well-being.
P.S. Discover how hypnosis helps you to become stronger; grab a free hypnosis mp3 from my website now.
With a degree in psychology and qualifications in hypnotherapy and NLP, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement. Grab a free hypnosis mp3 from http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and check out her library of hypnosis mp3 downloads.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy