Is it hard to meet people in Brighton?
- Author Brighton Mix
- Published August 11, 2011
- Word count 458
What is it about Brighton people?
Brighton is amongst the most popular places to live in the UK. Situated on the (sometimes) sunny South East coast of England, Brighton benefits from warmer weather than the North and a stronger economy. Brighton has a long stretch of fairly cleaned pebble beach, as well as being close to the South Downs, and is a wealthy city in terms of culture and diversity.
It sounds like the perfect place to retire to – beautiful views across cliffs and rural landscapes, nice places to walk around. But Brighton certainly isn’t a retirement town. If anything it’s a party town. There is always something going on, somewhere.
The party vibe attracts many new people to Brighton, looking to meet new friends and have a good time. Most people move to Brighton because they love the night life. But how easy is it to make new friends in Brighton if everyone here is new?
Brighton people are known for being friendly. There are very few pub brawls, apart from in the one street that is frequented by binge drinking out of towners. In the local parts of the city, the general attitude is a warm and welcoming one/ Brighton is such a transient town. People come and go all the time, and at some point we have all been ‘new’ to the city and looking to meet new people. It’s often an occasion to be celebrated when a Brighton resident meets a person who was actually born here. But that’s what’s so great about the city. People are from all over the world and bring with them a diverse and rich culture. Meeting new people in Brighton is to experience something special and expand your knowledge of the world.
Brighton is also a very arty town, and often people move to the City to tap in to the opportunity to make a living out of being creative. There are always exhibitions on with several independent galleries in the city. There is always art to be seen, made and be shown. Perhaps this is why Brighton people are so apparently cheery and relaxed – they are able to express themselves through art and are able to admire beautiful creations.
Along with the creativity comes experimentation. It’s hard to walk down the side roads without seeing someone wearing some interesting or whacky clothes. There’s a huge following for vintage clothes in Brighton as well as the punk and Goth scene. Being regularly exposed to these more adventurous looks, long term Brighton residents are used to and accepting of all sorts of people walking the streets and as a community Brighton encourages and enjoys the vibrant style that residents have to offer.
Brighton Mix is a socialising community set up to help you meet new people and make friends in the East Sussex area. You can visit http://www.brightonmix.com to join.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy