What Does Social Work Pay Professionals?
- Author Susan Miller
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 395
Ask a child what they want to become when they grow up, and you will hear answers such as doctors, engineers etc. Rarely, if ever, will you hear them say that they want to become a social worker. The reason behind this is that people feel that social work pays are very low. But they will be surprised to hear, that there are some social workers who earn a really good living.
When one begins as a social worker at the entry level position they are not paid very well. In fact the entry level positions also demand a lot of paper work, in addition to family work. Still there is no doubt that the job of a social worker is in itself extremely rewarding. Just seeing somebody achieve true change right in front of their eyes, is nothing short of a miracle. These are the kind of people who are really working for the purpose of bringing about a change in society, and often overlook the low pay. They believe that their true reward comes from bringing a positive change in the lives of the troubled people. Although the possibility that with the passage of time these individuals will also become dissatisfied with the pay, cannot be completely ruled out. But these people have the option of moving up within an agency, or starting a private practice to add to their income.
As time goes by and the social workers become more experienced, their pay scale will continue increasing. A significant factor that is a major determinant of their pay scale is their education when they begin working. Plus the kind of social work that they opt for also matters a lot.
What's more, there are several sub categories of social work and every individual category plays a different role in the amount of money that you will earn at the end of the day. For instance lets' say that there is some kind of counseling that is to be administered in a high security setting such as a prison, then in that case the pay is going to be quite good. Then there is the field of teaching. If the social worker decides to focus on the educational areas of the respective career, then their starting salary is going to be something around thirty thousand dollars annually, which is not bad at all.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals