Social Workers - Managing Social Change
- Author Susan Mathers
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 396
Social work is one of the most ancient and established fields of the world. The idea of helping people in need has been at the core of the human race since times immemorial. Social work does not only emphasize on the physical well being of individuals, but also on mental and spiritual well being.
Social workers are active stimulants of change. Changes related to the lifestyle of individuals, their upbringing and also their way of living. But these changes are essentially for the better so that every individual no matter which race, religion or creed, has equal chances of living up to a certain standard. This field helps societies in coping with inequity, injustice as well as natural disasters and emergencies. Apart from that it also helps in solving personal and social problems of different nature.
If we look around the world, we will witness social welfare organizations doing different sorts of relief and rehabilitation work. The war torn countries, whether suffering from internal conflicts or external conflicts, around the world seek humanitarian assistance from these organizations. These organizations also play a key role in relief and rehabilitation of the population in times of natural disasters such as earthquakes, flood and famine.
On the other hand, other societal problems such as poverty, education, clean drinking water, sanitation, food, nutrition, health etc are also keenly addressed by social welfare organizations. Then there are some other organizations that strive towards maintaining justice, equality, adolescent mental health, mobilization of individuals, child abuse, women rights etc. Thus, in totality, these social welfare organizations work wherever there are barriers to the prosperity of the human race.
It is another question as to whether or not these organizations are productive or not, but they sure are doing a worthwhile job. The judgment of their productivity can be tricky, because they are doing something that otherwise need to be done by the government. And their contribution whether big or small has a value, because they are at least making a difference in the lives of some individuals.
It is indeed a noble job that requires not only skills and education, but also a level of passion to serve the human race. The concept of social work has been there for ages. However, the modern times have brought a change in the approach of this field; it is now more systematic and more organized.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals