Opting For Social Work As Your Profession
- Author Susan Summers
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 391
You can experience eternal satisfaction after helping others. Social activities have many benefits of helping others, and giving satisfaction at the same time. However, these activities are rewarding as well as demanding. They require time, effort and resources to solve the problems of the needy. Selecting social work as a profession is a good choice, if, you love to help others and want to play your role in maintaining a balance in society. So, if you are willing to help others by participating in social activities, you can definitely become a good social worker.
Education is very important to adopt a profession so that you can better understand the technicalities and requirements. Similarly, in order to choose social work as your profession, you will require proper education and training. This profession can be chosen after getting a bachelors degree. Also it is necessary to get yourself registered with the Council on Social Work Education for proper and systematic training and education. At present there are 439 various programs offered by the council to help you to get an understanding of all the basics of social activities. Experienced teachers and experts will guide you to understand all the fundamentals and basics.
There are many options of getting the education to become a social worker. You can check out the courses in your nearby university; if it does not offer experience in the relevant field, then you can select a paid internship associated with social organizations. These trainings will help you to link with other people who are involved in social activities and organizations, and learn how to interact with needy people. You can also choose different positions with more responsibility, including management options. In this case you must plan to get a master's degree. But you must ensure that the master's degree is recognized by Council on Social Work Education. A master's degree requires field work and experience.
After you have got proper education and the degrees, you need to get a license to start your work as a career. You can contact the state board for obtaining the specs. In other words, you are bound to work under the supervision of a licensed organization or individual, for 2 years before appearing for your licensing exam. So, keep in mind your goals and aims and serve the needy people in the best possible way.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals