Learn About The Literal Meaning Of Social Work
- Author Susan Summers
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 397
The word social means a community in which living organisms survive, either they survive themselves, or depend upon other natural resources. Social work is a form of discipline that is performed by a number of communities to help bring a change within the environment. Social justice is another name for social work. It is a developmental step towards the betterment of a community or a society.
Social work as charity work
This community of social workers collects money from different organizations and groups of people, and helps poor people deal with poverty. Different NGO's are working and collecting funds in order to eliminate poverty from humanity. The practice of charity is an old tradition and is found in every religion being practiced throughout the world.
Who are social workers?
Social workers are professional workers, who work for the basic standard facilities provided to human beings. This includes managing their daily lives, their disabilities, and provides services and awareness about illness, death and hygiene. All the care and assistance is their moral responsibility. Social working communities depend upon legal aid, work with government assistance, and help making them a part of a healthy world.
Social work as a profession
To become a professional social worker one requires a proper degree, and they should be professionally registered. The degree should be a Bachelor's degree or a diploma in social work. The degree can be BA, BSSW and B.Sc, while the master's degree can be MA, M.Sc, MRes and few countries offer a post graduate study in this field. It has been observed that more you feel like is not enough for helping the mankind; social workers take it as a lifelong learning process.
Role of social workers
They provide mankind a variety of services like planning different events and meetings in co- ordination with different companies. They counsel effected people and provide them services like psychotherapy. They work for social welfare policies, they make the policies co- coordinating with the government authorities and then implementing them.
Different communities came into existence because of the research done by social workers. Research depends upon the human development areas, includes theories that results in proper development of a new generation and societies. Their research takes them close to mankind's problems, and they are the people who are always there to help mankind, when even blood relations are lost.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals