Common Ethical Considerations For Social Workers
- Author Susan Winters
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 371
Every social worker is entrusted with a specific set of rules which include the acceptance of self respect of every being, which also includes that the patron's right to autonomy, privacy, encouragement and any act that is in reference to the communal impartiality. CASW holds these ethics as the following:
• Democratic morals
• Acceptance and acknowledgment of self respect
• Civil rights
• Unbiased ness
Essentials and Hypothesis of a Social Worker
A social worker may have the knowledge of the following:
• Person augmentation and performance
• Relative dynamics
• Communication premise
• Communal growth
• Governmental theory
• Affirmation theory
• Theories of repression and empowerment
• Societal group therapy
• Social achievement techniques
• Social intervention techniques
• Strategy study
There are 23 universities in Canada that offers appropriate education for the social working profession.
Why choose social work?
Social work started comparatively recently. It started parallel to the manufacturing society and the initiation of the factory system, the discrimination, and the privatization of markets and the use of money for personal gains. As industrialization prospered many worried that amongst this prosperity many shall perish economically.
20th century development of social work
Statistics have been collected and filed by the Canadian Association of Social Workers founded in the 1920's. Along the years there has been an increase in the members. In 1986 there were approximately 9000 members. These people are only enlisted in the CASW and not everyone who has enlisted is in the profession of social work.
The global alliance of social workers
The international federation of social workers is a child company of the international permanent secretariat of social workers which was initiated in 1928 in Paris, France. By 1950 the international federation of social workers was started. The aim was to become the world renowned international organization for the social workers.
IFSW is acknowledged globally and have approximately a million social workers in over fifty countries.
The social work edification
The first batch of trained social workers that graduated from the University of Toronto, the department of social services was in 1914. By early 1970, social work schools in Canada were recognized by the American council of social work education. There are many colleges and universities that provide the education at the levels of bachelors, masters and even at the doctoral level.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals