Choosing the right provider for SIA license course
- Author Sheilan Jones
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 434
There are various companies and providers offering training courses for SIA door supervisor, CCTV operator, vehicle immobiliser and security officer license in shockingly cheap prices but how do you make sure you choose the right provider? Well there are three very simple but absolutely vital points to consider before you go ahead and book your SIA license training course with any provider.
1)- Accredited Qualification
SIA has endorsed a number of awarding bodies that offer SIA licence linked qualifications. To ensure that you receive the accurate qualification you must enquire about the centre status of the organization you are looking to book your training course with, you must enquire if BIIAB, City & Guilds, Edexcel, EDI, NOCN, HABC or SQA has approved the provider.
Please bear in mind, without the approved qualification you cannot apply for the SIA licence, even if you do your application will be rejected. A list of SIA endorsed awarding bodies is available on SIA's website.
2)- How the training is going to be delivered?
Although, most of the providers abide by the regulations stipulated by the SIA, however, there are quite a few that are substandard and the fact becomes apparent when they deliver SIA training courses in less than the guided learning hours or just simply ask candidates to arrive on the exam day and leave the rest to them. This defectiveness has raised suspicions and the awarding bodies have taken strict actions against a few.
Now, always remember that any provider involved in training malpractice will eventually be struck off and you as a candidate will end up having your licence suspended, that ultimately means more expense and more hassle. To find out more about guided learning hours for each SIA licence linked qualification please visit SIA's website.
3)- Company credentials
Always check the credentials of the company, even online there are many bogus websites that have absolutely no backing of a real business behind them, beware of those websites as there is a highly probability that you will end up losing your money. If possible go to the premises and meet with a representative yourself and ensure that it is not a scam, however, if that's not convenient then ask for the company registration number and verify with the awarding body they are claiming to be approved by and also check companies house website, by doing so you will know the status of the company (if it exists).
By following these three easy steps, you will not only have peace of mind but also you will have increased your chances by getting trained by a top professional.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals