Hospitality job descriptions
- Author Jack Crunk
- Published October 4, 2011
- Word count 406
Hospitality simply means an effort to please and make others happy. Hospitality jobs had been in demand right from the beginning. Customer satisfaction is one of the goals that an organization wish to achieve and it is possible only through hospitality.
The hospitality sector comprises services in the hotels, lodges, motels, resorts, cruises, restaurants, spas, cafeteria’s and other such places of enjoyment and recreation. The person performing such jobs should possess a mixture of intelligence, patience, tolerance, and a pleasing personality. He should have full respect for the rules and regulations and at the same time must be in his best behavior always. To start with, the housekeeping service is liable for any kind of customer dissatisfaction and complaints. The security of the boarders, and keeping up to their whims and fancies can be a very mind tormenting job for the hospitality department. The post of a front house manager looks after the entire administration of his work place and the well being of the customers.
There are other jobs like the post of a chief executive chef, the head chef, the kitchen supervisor and the airline jobs which are almost based on hospitality services. For instance, the job of an air hostess or a cabin crew is to ensure the safety of the passengers, see to their requirements if any and help them to have a carefree and pleasurable ride. They are at times subjected to humiliation and insults and it is their full responsibility to penalize for their actions. The burden of comforting and cheering their customers is always in their mind and thus they require keeping their mind cool in order to carry out their services.
Hospitality services are not just confined to these few areas, but it is also prevalent in the business field. A receptionist is employed in every business organization so that the client’s of that company are received with full respect and kindness. They recruit administrative heads who may arrange for royal treats and stays for those prestigious client’s of the company. The numerous amounts of jobs that are being offered by the hospitality sector have led to the emergence of management degrees provided by many prestigious educational institutions. Unlike earlier times, hotel and hospitality management have gained immense popularity in these days. The salaries too have become more than satisfactory and people in this field draw a lump sum amount of money as their allowances.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals