If You Aren't Having Fun It's Your Own Dang Fault
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published November 9, 2011
- Word count 557
Your life really is in your own hands. Life is a blank slate that you can do many different things with. Opportunities come and go and you choose to take them or leave them. How you respond and react to circumstances is almost entirely up to you.
I was chatting with a few Octogenarians the other day and it was interesting watching them and listening to them. One of them is known to always be fun to spend time with and it is easy to see why. She grasps life with both hands and sets out upon each day with intent to enjoy herself. The result is not only that she has a good time, but those who come into contact with her also benefit from her good spirits.
I happened to overhear this lady say her companions the exact phrase that I have used as a title for this short piece. She simply doesn't let anything darken her day or dampen her spirits. She has a great attitude and life is so much easier to one who tackles each day in this manner.
If you set out with the express intent of having fun and enjoying whatever life presents, your optimism will ensure that you only see the good things and instinctively gloss over those that are bad. I think that we all know the effect of focusing closely on one thing to the exclusion of another.
For example, when you close your eyes so as to listen more closely to a piece of music, you will find that your hearing improves. Your extra focus has the effect of highlighting whatever it is that is in your spotlight.
Similarly, if you focus upon how much effort it takes to do something, or how much your arm hurts, or how sore your back is, each of these things will be magnified and will feel a whole lot worse. Conversely, if you focus on having fun and how easy life is, these effects will be magnified in exactly the same way.
Once you realize this effect, that what you focus on tends to be highlighted and magnified, you hold the key to choosing your experiences. Every experience is always subjective.
An experience is not just the pure fact of what is happening. Rather, an experience is the effect of your chosen perception of that reality. Whatever you expect to see is what tends to happen to you. Therefore, to set out each morning with the intent to have fun is bound to make life both easier and more enjoyable.
Hence the comment which this bright and intelligent lady made; if you aren't having fun, it's your own dang fault. If you find that your mind tends towards the negative in life, you can easily do something about it. If your thought processes are instinctively negative and pessimistic you might find that hypnosis is a useful aid.
Hypnosis allows you to access your instinctive thought processes so that they can be changed more quickly and easily than might otherwise be the case. Once you think in a more positive and uplifting manner, life becomes easier in every way.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads for happiness.
P.S. Discover how easy it is to focus your mind with hypnosis. Grab a free hypnosis download from my website now.
There are no posted comments.
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings
- It’s Your Right to Be Happy