Finding Happiness: How to Smile If It's Been a While
- Author Asia Sharif Clark
- Published November 11, 2011
- Word count 542
One of the most powerful things about happiness is you don't need to look for it. It finds you. Finding happiness is about finding you. The real, private, and personal you. Find out what gives you the fuel to keep going and moving on the path you've paved for yourself. I bet under all the seriousness, there's a lot of joy. Your life is an adventure series, unfolding one chapter at a time. That's enough to put a smile on your face. But, if you look at your life and have a hard time smiling, read on. Here's how to find happiness right under your nose. It will help you smile if it's been a while.
Laugh at the Everyday
Most days, life seems like one big bowl of serious. One giant insurance policy. If you can't remember that last thing that made you smile, or dare I say, laugh, this is an intervention. Grab a pencil or pen and schedule a day to spend 10 minutes observing the funny all around you.
Raining days are my favorite. You'll see umbrellas that refuse to open or close, men chasing their hats, people dashing across the street, to name a few. And, the sounds we make when we get wet. . . priceless. We all sound like children. You don't have to go far to experience the everyday, just observe the world around you.
Remember the show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things?" Spend an hour with children. Listen to the wisdom of a four, six, or eight year old child and you can't help but laugh.
And, you may learn a thing or two. Don't overlook the beauty of everyday events to put a smile on your face.
Laugh at Yourself
When was the last time you said or did something that left you laughing at yourself? Anytime I walk through hallways, I need to move over 5 degrees. Why? Because I'm cute and clumsy. When I don't move over, my elbow or shoulder are bound to hit something. I've been bumping into corners and walls since I was 18.
Today, I wear glasses for working and reading. I figure it can't hurt to keep them on when walking around a corner. What part of you makes you smile? If you can't think of any, ask a friend. When you take yourself a little less seriously, life can be more fun.
Laugh at the Creativity of Others
When was the last time you saw a movie or show that made you laugh until you cried? If you've seen Meryl Streep's "It's Complicated," you know what I mean. Humor is serious business. The creativity of others gives healing powers to us all. So, watch a movie or see a show, that leaves you laughing and breathless. The more you laugh the better you'll feel.
Count Your Blessings. . . If you can
How many times has your life turned from trial after trial, to blessing after blessing? If you're like most people, you've received more blessings than you can count. And, that's the point. Just counting your blessings, or trying to, fills you with hope, covers you with joy, and leaves a smile on your face. Wishing you more chances to find happiness. . . within you.
Copyright 2011. Asia Sharif-Clark. All rights reserved.
I'm Asia Sharif-Clark, founder of Centered Self Worldwide, the Glow Weekend, and the Glow Circle. In 90 days, I take women from overworked and overwhelmed to empowered and energized, without feeling guilty. And, that's just the beginning.
I invite you to Raise Your Joy in 5 Days! Sign up for your free copy of the "Love Your Life" 5 Day Mini-Course! http://www.centeredselfworldwide.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Best Books Written By Dr.Mani
- Coexilia: Embracing Unity for a Harmonious Future
- Grief is Ghetto
- 17 Fun & Simple ways to find your Inner Peace
- Please Stay 6 Feet Apart: Navigating Emotional Growth in a Post – COVID Society
- Everything Happens For A Reason Part 1
- First Day of Middle School
- Need a Mood Boost? Here’s How Smiling Can Help!
- Get rid of the "If only" mindset
- Happiness is a Dynamic Tool to Increase Productivity in The Workplace
- Change your Day--Change your Life
- The Search for Meaning
- “Happiness Hormones” – The reasons why it is so hard to achieve happiness by utilizing them
- The Secret to Happy Life
- The Strangest Thing Men Desire. (And how it can make him crazy for you.)
- Most 3 Things Men Do Want
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers