Help For Your Marriage May Be Just Around The Corner
- Author Kari Farmer
- Published December 14, 2011
- Word count 769
When your marriage is in trouble and has come to a standstill then you need to go out and get help. You obviously can not fix the situation on your own, or it would be fixed, and fixing the issues is the only way to get on the road to having a healthy and happy marriage.
So where can you turn to for help with your marriage? Just about everywhere! All you have to do is to be open to the advice your receive and apply what you resonate with to your marriage.
Here are some places to look for help for your marriage:
Sometimes we don’t want to admit to our friends that we are having issues, but if you want to fix your marriage then it may be necessary.
Not just any friends will do here! You are looking for friends that have gone through tough times similar to you and have made it through with flying colors. These are the people who have been there and have some answers that worked for them, which may work for you as well.
Of course the downside is your friends will know what's going on and constantly want to know if you are doing better. This can get annoying and intrusive after a while. And some friends will judge you for where you are and it can cause a rift in the friendship. It's best to only consult with a trusted friend.
If you are too scared to talk to people you know then you may want to talk to a bunch of strangers. Why would you do that? Because they are going to be open and honest with you in all regards. They will tell you what you are doing wrong without worrying about hurting your feelings, and they will give you their opinion loud and clear. That’s the beauty of the internet - there is no face behind the advice and they can say what they want to say.
The downside to this is you may be taking advice for a 12 year-old who writes very well for her age. Because there is no face behind the words you don’t really know who is giving you the advice.
The upside to this is that you will get a wide variety of opinions and advice based on a wide variety of experiences and beliefs. This may help you make a more informed decisions than if you were basing it on one viewpoint.
Relationship counselling is not a bad thing! It shouldn’t be a last resort. It’s a way to get to the bottom of your issues and save your marriage with a professional who generally knows what they are talking about. How can that be bad? The only downside to it is that it can cost a lot of money and it‘s not guaranteed to help your marriage.
Another problem is that you may find your spouse doesn’t want to attend relationship counselling. Whether it’s because of the stigma of a ‘failed relationship’ that it comes with or because they don’t want to talk to a stranger about their problems. It can be hard to get a reluctant person to cooperate with the counselling.
Normally self-help books are written by professionals or people who have been in the situation they are writing about and have experience to back up their words. That’s what makes these books so beneficial. If you can relate to what the author is saying then you may relate to the solutions that author is providing.
Another great thing about self-help books is that you don’t have to talk to anyone. You don’t have to hang your dirty laundry out for all to see if you don’t want to. This can help you save your marriage while keeping it on the down-low.
And of course you can purchase most books online through amazon and other online sources. There are even instant downloadable self-help eBooks, videos, and other online resources that can help you now without waiting for a book to come in the mail. In fact, there are many of these available to you.
The important thing to remember when you are having marriage problems is to seek some sort of help and take action towards fixing the issues. If you don’t then your problems are most likely not going to go anywhere and you will waste weeks, months, or even years being unhappy and unfulfilled in your relationship when you could be enjoying your marriage.
Kari is the owner of Manifest Connection, a website focused on personal development to create a happier, healthier, and more successful life. Visit her website today and find out how happy in life you are, and how to become happier.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride