How to Start Your Own Article Writing Service
- Author Raesteen Hudson
- Published January 3, 2012
- Word count 687
There's nothing secret about the article writing services industry - it costs nothing to start and it's easy to make money doing it. In fact, one of the most difficult challenges facing writers today is the already overcrowded state of the market. However, experienced writers understand that an established marketplace is often the most profitable one. And because the demand for writing services continues to increase as the web grows, understanding how to start your own article writing service could allow you to capitalize on writing opportunities while growing a successful company of your own.
1.) Become an Exceptional Writer
Begin without assumptions. Too many people think that they are writers because they can formulate a decent email or because they wrote a poem once in high school. Don't just think you can write - KNOW it. Test yourself by presenting your work to an experienced editor or writer and ask for honest feedback - even if you have to pay for this service. Submit a few articles to directories online or on your own blog and encourage people to leave comments and get involved.
If you believe that you have real talent, you can easily build a career as a writer. But if you produce mediocre garbage, don't waste your time. Competition for rubbish writing on the web is fierce, and offshore "writers" will be able to easily undercut your prices. Some offer 500 word articles for only a dollar or two. This means that if your work isn't exceptional, you'll likely stand no chance at building a successful article writing services company.
2.) Start Freelancing
If you can actually write and you have a computer and internet access, you can start earning money by writing today. Websites like Elance, Odesk, iFreelance, Guru and many others make this possible by bringing buyers and providers together for writing projects and hundreds of other types of jobs. All you have to do is create a profile and start bidding on jobs. Most of these websites offer free accounts, but fees are taken out of whatever you earn on the site.
You can also start freelancing locally or even on a national level by making queries directly with editors at publications and media outlets. One of the most efficient ways of doing this is to market a well-written article to related publishers and requesting inclusion. Many freelance writers are able to earn a respectable living this way.
Contact information for editors and others in the media can be obtained by calling or visiting the website of the publication you're considering, or you can pay to have a custom media contact list built for you.
3.) Use Your Skills for Your Own Benefit
Most clients will use your work to provide content where the ultimate goal is to attract more visitors to a given website. You can do this for yourself. Create a website - there are plenty of free resources to do this out there. Then, fill it with content - web pages, articles, blog posts, etc. Create one set of content for your website, and another set of content to distribute to article directories, blogs, document sharing websites, RSS feeds and more. This will build hundreds and possibly thousands of backlinks to your site, which could increase the amount of visitors to your web page and ultimately result in new business.
After freelancing writing for a time, you'll quickly understand that clients are using your content to get rich. Why not use those same principles to make yourself rich?
4.) Don't Work in Your Business - Work on Your Business
Eventually, a veteran writer will often move into an editing role - especially if they intend to take their article writing services business to the next level. By hiring experienced writers and managing their efforts, a seasoned writer-turned-managing-editor can quickly and dramatically boost their income while reducing the total amount of time spent working each week.
Starting your own article writing service is a very real possibility, and there's one way you can quickly get started: go to Elance and create a profile. Bid on an easy job. Start your new career now.
Not seeking a new career but require extremely high quality content? Click here for professional article writing services now.
Click here to learn more about article submissions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment
- 5 Effective Steps To Write An Essay Outline
- Persuasive writing-tips and tricks
- 5 Top Tips on How to Create a Resume with No Work Experience
- No need to stress on C programming Assignments Writing