Jobs Teaching English Overseas
- Author John Schoenthaler
- Published January 28, 2012
- Word count 437
Jobs teaching English overseas are plentiful for college graduates with a TESOL certificate which is easy to get.
TESOL is an abbreviation of Teaching English to Speaker of Other Languages.The highest paying jobs are university
jobs and go to the people with some teaching experience and a teaching degree. However, there are plenty of jobs
for those with a bachelor's degree and a TESOL certificate. There are even some jobs where only a TESOL certificate
will suffice. The best jobs are given to teachers with experience and a teaching certification, however there are
many good jobs which do not require teaching certification if a TESOL certificate is obtained.
The preferred age is between 20 and 30 although 50 years is not too old. Many countries expect you to retire in
your 60's so it is harder to get a job at this age. Some countries prefer women to teach young children, but again
gender is not always a factor. A country which pays well and has a great demand for teachers is China.
There are government schools, private schools, language schools and corporate training classes in most countries
with jobs teaching English overseas. The government schools do not pay as well as the private schools, but the jobs
are easier to get. Asia is known for paying higher salaries, but sometimes the cost of living is also higher there
than other places.
The schools which provide TESOL certification often can help with job search as well as work visas and other
requirements for getting in the country. It is important to research the requirements for a work visa; most countries
require a bachelor's degree, although in countries where there is a great demand, this may not be a requirement.
There are a few places which do not require a bachelor's degree for jobs teaching English overseas, however, most
of the more desirable jobs do.
The easiest way to get a job teaching English overseas would be to take a TESOL certification course from a school
which will help you find employment in the country of your choice. There are agencies which will get you a job,
but you must be careful that they do not take a big cut of your salary. Before you commit, do your research and
make sure you have a constitution which is adventurous and willing to experience some ups and downs as getting used
to a new culture, especially when you don't know the language, can initially be difficult.
Most people who take the step to get their TESOL certificate, however, find a great deal of satisfaction in obtaining
a job teaching English overseas.
You'll find even more guides and free information about Tesol Certification at http://www.TesolCertificationGuide.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals