How You Can Publish A Children's Book
- Author Ian Scott
- Published February 3, 2012
- Word count 631
Ever wonder why children's books are at the top in the publishing industry? Children have always loved having stories read to them while looking at the pictures in the book. You've probably made up tales to tell your own children knowing you'd delight them.
Today, books written with children in mind can really capture the attention of children. With holograms, glitter and the pop-ups that are available, it's easy to delight children. The children's book niche has soared because of these additional abilities.
Large book publishers have dominated children's book publishing up until recently. Now though, it's easier for almost anyone, with the technology available to them to self-publish their own children's book. Hard copies or electronic versions - it's your choice! You could design your own graphics with free programs like Gimp to go along with your text. If you are not comfortable with creating your own graphics, you may be able to ask a friend for assistance in this area.
If you are unable to find anyone who can help you at no cost with your graphics, there are many good graphic designers available and who would probably be willing to help you at a cost lower than a professional might. Colleges and high schools have many great students who can do an excellent job for you.
You can produce your manuscript in a few different electronic formats, today. PDF files are the simplest to create, and you could offer them from your own website. Unlike years ago, setting up a system that you can deliver your PDF E-Book after payment with PayPal is not a difficult thing to do.
Another option for the delivery of your book is the Amazon Kindle format. Consider the Kindle Reader as a format for your E-Book and having the ability to sell it through Amazon.com.You could reach hundreds of thousands of potential readers.
Advertising your new book doesn't require a huge budget either. You should definitely have a website and this can be done without much money these days. Less than nine dollars a month is what it will cost for hosting.WordPress is free and many hosts offer it as part of their hosting packages, which you could build your site on. You can find very nice themes with training on how to install them, and then simply add content to create your site.
The hardest thing to do with regard to your website will be building traffic to it. However, seeing as you love to write, you could look for other blogs, ezines and websites that are related to children's books and offer to write some articles for them. You'll usually get a link back to your website along with the publication of the article you've written.
Article directories such as EzineArticles.com is a great place to publish articles you've written. Although you can put in a bio in the resource box, do something different like asking the readers to find out more about your book and linking to your website.
There are a number of ideas that you could use to come up with articles. Other aspiring authors may be looking for information on how to write books. You could write a "how-to" on what you did to publish your own book. Or write some articles that are about the topic of your children's book and lead the reader back to your site, wanting more from you!
The means and resources are costing less and less for the individual author are making the traditional book publishing model less effective. You could be a part of this transition by finally getting down to work and with a little research, put your story in front of the little eyes that will be delighted to hear or read it.
Ian Scott is a partner at PublishingCentral, a website devoted to the book publishing industry. Why not learn more about children's book publishing?Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment
- 5 Effective Steps To Write An Essay Outline
- Persuasive writing-tips and tricks
- 5 Top Tips on How to Create a Resume with No Work Experience
- No need to stress on C programming Assignments Writing