Find Out Much More About Probation Officer Careers
- Author Jason Smith
- Published March 4, 2012
- Word count 513
Perhaps you have considered becoming a probation officer? Have you desired to know how to become a probation officer? If you have, then you've found the appropriate article to get a lot more material that might assist you to make this decision, or possibly make it easier to make the determination to pursue employment in this particular field of work. The beauty about probation is you can become a probation officer, a juvenile probation officer and work with youth, or even a federal probation officer where one can work with the us government.
Many people find it fulfilling to work with adults, other with youths, and others possess desires of seeking occupation promotions at the federal government level to jobs at the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and so forth. Depending on your own ambitions you are able to choose which direction is right for you. No matter what the path probation work can be quite satisfying and fulfilling. Assisting a person to turn their life around to become a productive person in the community is not something most people get to carry out on a regular basis. Nonetheless, in addition to being incredibly gratifying probation work can also be quite tough and nerve-racking, so be ready for some challenging relationships and high case loads if you choose to pursue this line of work.
If you are still reading you may be interested to learn more about probation officer requirements. The prerequisites for this job differ from agency to agency, but desirable applicants should have acquired a college diploma in a relevant field of study. Associated fields of study might include: public administration, administration of justice, police science, criminal justice, and so on. You should be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years old, no older than 37, and also have a valid driver's license. It can also be beneficial to have related experience, especially if you wish to land a juvenile probation job, or federal job. The very best time to obtain experience is when you are getting your college diploma in a associated area of study. Some good relevant work experience comes in the form of internships with probation divisions, drug and alcohol abuse programs, youth programs, and social services to mention a few.
Career expansion is predicted to grow around 19percent between the years of 2008-2018 according to the Unites States Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is great news for those that will be searching for work. Individuals who are employed in this arena will make a probation officer salary around $44k yearly; this was the median job wage as of December 2011 as authored by indeed.com. Officers whom work with the us government can earn slightly higher wages each year; however the prerequisites for these positions will also be a little more strict.
For more information about probation officer jobs there are many websites which include my very own that you can visit. You may also learn more in books when it comes to these jobs and the examinations one must take in their road to pursuing one of these probation careers.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals