Mindfulness – Guided Technique
- Author Jessica Tanner
- Published April 12, 2012
- Word count 571
Mindfulness – Guided Technique
Mindful meditation is all about being mindful and being present. In our life, we frequently function on autopilot, which means that we are hiding inside our own thoughts and then not aware of what is going on in our surrounding. You have most definitely tried walking or taking the bus to work, school or someplace else, and couldn’t really remember the details of the way. You did not pay attention to your surroundings. This can be a nice experience of taking a short retreat from your daily worries and just focus on your thoughts, though it also means that you may not be able to notice different opportunities there may come your way, and you may therefore miss out of something important.
In mindfulness meditation you will learn to be mindful and focus only on your inhalations and exhalations and the different feelings connected to it. You will also have to keep in mind to only focus on NOW and not on the past or the future. You will be present in this very second. So work with this easy meditation technique to help you become mindful.
Mindfulness Meditation Technique
Find a suiting spot where you can practice your meditation and a time where you are certain that no one will interrupt you when you are mediating. Practice this mindfulness technique for 10 to 20 minutes. Pick a meditation posture that you are comfortable with and take a minute to calm your mind and body before starting the exercise.
Close your eyes and notice your inhalations and exhalations. Unlike the majority of other types of meditations, you will not adjust your breathing or breathe consciously. You shall instead watch your breathing. Pay attention to your inhaling and exhaling and the way the air fills your body and expand your stomach and chest. Notice the sensations in your body like the temperature of the air and the feelings in your body. Recognize these sensations but do not judge them in any way. You will only passively observe the situation.
Remember to only focus on this very instant, and on the breath that you are taking right now and the way it feels now. And when the air is leaving your body through your breath, you will stop to think about that breath but instead on the one that you are inhaling in this very moment. You also have to remember to relax your mind and body when you meditate. Try to sit still and allow your mind to relax and just enjoy the moment of serenity.
When you are finished and feel like you are ready to stop your meditation exercise, slowly open your eyes and take a deep cleansing breath.
This type of meditation is a great technique for relaxation and it helps you to quiet your mind and body in a very quick way. So if you feel like you want to find a way to find peace and reduce stress and negativity in your life, you should work with mindfulness. There are several great benefits with meditation and it can help you improve your life both mentally and physically. It can give you a feeling of serenity and control and make you feel much more balanced and steady. Beside this type of relaxation meditation there are other great relaxation meditation exercises such as Imagery Technique, Body Scan, Breathing Meditation, Grounding Techniques, and many more.
I have always been interested in meditation and spirituality and that is why I have chosen to write about it and sharing my knowledge. I have to say that I am no expert on the field but are simply sharing what I know and maybe it can help you.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- Your Authentic Self: Love Who You Are Right Now
- Best Tips for Getting Rid from Head lice in Sydney
- To Create Change, You Have To Change
- Tired Of Fighting Without Resolution?
- 3 Steps To Building Connection Habits™
- Enhance Your Life With Better Boundaries!
- Need Fathering In Your Life?
- How Did 8 Simple daily habits give you a happier life
- This is why trying to be happy actually will backfire.
- How to Have a Stress-Less Holiday! 5 Tips to Survive & Thrive This Holiday Season
- Nice Chinese guys win hearts in the interracial relationships
- 7 Simple Hints to Manage Your Stress Level
- Winning Through Defeat: Eleven Commandments for Elections Losers
- Bluebirds Bring Hope
- Grati-texts & Grati-tweets - From High Tech to High Touch
- Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Facts to Be Grateful For
- Reaching Inner Peace Through Inspirational Books and Quotes
- Discover 5 Great Ways To Take Back Your Life
- Do You Need Approval?
- A Moment of Gratitude..
- Finding Your Passion
- Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man
- Living Your Life In Forward Motion!
- How to build self confidence - 5 easy tips
- Meditation – Starting the Right Place
- Winter Blues Can Feel Like You're Stuck In A Month Of Wednesdays
- How to be Happy and Stress-Free All The Time
- Be Happy By Dealing With Your True Feelings