How to choose Asian Wedding Venues
- Author Rahul Katrak
- Published April 3, 2012
- Word count 592
One of the first elements of planning a wedding is choosing an Asian wedding venue. In the UK the choice of venues on offer is impressive from stunning country homes and estates to purpose built banqueting suites, marquee sites, temples, town halls and hotels. Here are some guidelines that can help you select the wedding venue that is ideal for your style of celebration.
Number of guests
The overriding factor that should help you choose an Asian wedding venue is the number of people you are inviting. The best way to figure this out is to take into account the total number of invitations you have sent out. At an estimate, three-fourths of the invited guests are likely to attend.
For your Asian Wedding to be an unforgettable experience, you need to keep the comfort of the guests in mind. Space should be an important deciding factor while choosing from the numerous Asian wedding venues you are considering. Ensure that you choose a capacity which keeps the number of guests comfortable but beware of choosing too large a venue that will look "empty" and detract from the illusion of intimacy on the big day.
Ensure that your choice of wedding venue can either provide Asian Cuisine in-house or permits the use of external Asian Caterers. Bear in mind that external caterers will need to be familiar with the layout of the kitchen in your chosen venue to ensure smooth service and iron out any potential logistics problems in advance.
If you opt for in house catering, you may get a discount. In your first meetings with potential Asian wedding venues try to get a break down of all possible costs that may be involved and then decide on a venue that is ideal for your budget.
Interview the venues
It is advisable to go armed with a list of questions when you go to meet the suppliers you have shortlisted. Here are some questions you may like to ask the suppliers.
•Is the wedding venue available for the date of your wedding?
•Are catering services included and do the suppliers give you the choice to book independent caterers and entertainment providers?
•Is there enough space for a DJ and a dance floor as also enough plug points for the DJ’s equipment?
•Is the venue air conditioned – if your wedding is in summer?
•Are there ramps and other special features for the convenience of the disabled guests?
•Is there enough space to accommodate a mandap for a Hindu Wedding?
•Does the Asian wedding venue allow for indoor fire required to conduct the Hindu marriage ceremony?
•Is there space for an outdoor marquee? This is especially important if the wedding is in summer and you want your guests to enjoy the fine weather?
•Can the Asian wedding venue accommodate all the guests you wish to invite?
•Does it have loading bays for your various wedding suppliers to offload their equipment?
•Are there any storage facilities for presents, extra drinks etc?
•How many staff or events personnel with the venue assign to you for your event?
•What time do you have to vacate the venue and is there a surcharge if your wedding continues on later than anticipated?
•Is there a corkage charge if you bring your own drinks?
•Is the venue within your budget? Do make sure that everything is on board and there are no hidden charges that you have overlooked.
Remember to ask for quotes and then compare prices of the Asian wedding venues before making a final decision.
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride