Points to consider when hiring An Asian Wedding DJ for your wedding
- Author Rahul Katrak
- Published April 3, 2012
- Word count 698
When you organize a wedding your objective is to ensure your guests have a good time. Your choice of entertainment and particularly the Asian Wedding DJ you hire is crucial to the overall success of your Asian Wedding.
Here are some points you can consider while choosing an Asian Wedding DJ for your wedding.
Fix a budget: As said above, for a memorable wedding you should give due consideration to the entertainment you are going to provide to the guests. While budgeting for the wedding, do make sure to keep enough aside for hiring a professional Asian DJ who can liven up the celebrations and do justice to your wedding. Not having a sufficient budget and hiring an amateur could impact on the quality of your celebration.
Look for experience: Look for experience when choosing Asian wedding DJs. There are many kinds of Asian DJs – Asian Weddings DJs, Rave DJs, Club DJs – the list is endless. An Asian DJ who is experienced in performing at weddings will be your best bet. He/she should have the ability to read a crowd and pick the right music. The more experienced ones are likely to get booked early especially during the peak wedding months, so be sure to book the Asian DJ well in time.
Personally interview the Asian DJ: A personal meeting with the Asian DJ will help you judge his/her credentials and personality. Choose a person who ‘feels’ right for the wedding, someone who has the right persona to make your guests feel comfortable and motivate them to hit the dance floor. Also ensure that the Asian DJ you interview is the one who turns up for the event.
Check the music database: It will be of great help if your Asian DJ has a viewable database so you can see what sort of music is available. Some Asian DJs use music lists while others don’t. The Asian DJ should have a sizable collection of your preference be it Bollywood, RnB, Bhangra etc.
Equipment: Also ensure that the Asian Wedding DJ uses professional grade equipment. You can either see pictures of what they have, otherwise, if you visit them personally, you can check out the equipment and sound system they use.
Take references from friends: Ask around and talk to your relatives, friends and acquaintances to see if they are familiar with some good Asian Wedding DJs. A personal reference can help you avoid an unpleasant experience on the most memorable day of your life. Some wedding venues also provide their Asian DJs and so you can check them out to see if they are what you want for your wedding.
Check in Asian wedding directories: While talking to friends and acquaintances is a good option, you can get a wider choice of Asian DJs in our Asian wedding directory. You can browse through the sites of the Asian DJs listed and shortlist the ones that catch your attention. You can also ask for feedback, reviews and advice in the community forums in our Asian wedding directory website.
Personally interview the shortlisted Asian DJs: Once you have shortlisted a few Asian DJs, you can request a personal meeting. Before proceeding for the interview, you could do well to note down the questions you wish to ask. For example, you could ask the following questions:
• Will the Asian DJs source music/songs for you that they don’t have?
• Would the Asian DJs be willing to adjust their conversational style to suit the tone of the wedding or the convenience of the guests?
• Will the Asian DJ double up as a master of ceremonies, if required?
• Will they provide ancillary services like confetti bombs, laser light shows, dhol players, star cloths, light up dance floors, live dancers etc.
Before signing a contract with the Asian DJ, you could do well to ensure that everything is itemised in the contract including the payment terms. Also ensure that the equipment is insured and that the Asian DJ has public liability insurance.
Finally, you may also wish to ensure that the equipment is compatible with the policies of the venue and that there are sufficient plug points for the instruments.
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride