The Asian Groom’s Wedding Planning Checklist (PART 1)
- Author Tom Cleverly
- Published April 17, 2012
- Word count 620
Twelve months is plenty of time to plan a wedding, right? Nope - you need to set the ball rolling as early as possible if you want to take some of the planning pressure off your lovely fiancée and ensure that you aren't both nervous wrecks in the run up to your big day. Our checklist of essential tasks will help you plan well ahead and have her raving to her friends about her wonderfully efficient and masterful man!
12 MONTHS TO GO
If you haven't asked her yet, now's the time.
Without getting the nod, reading this article is um a bit premature to say the least!
Decide who is paying & establish a budget
Agree with your fiancee and both your parents how you'll divide up the bill.
Purchase an engagement ring
If you haven't done so already, take your fiancée engagement ring shopping or surprise her if you trust your taste and judgement.
Agree on the style of wedding.
You can decide between traditional or contemporary, which could take place at home or abroad.
11 MONTHS TO GO
Research your wedding attire.
An early start will give you an idea of the range of different styles available, from sherwanis to tuxedos and everything in between.
Set the date
Visit some of the venue options for your wedding and reception, taking into account the notoriously fickle British weather and air fares for international guests.
Help organise the wedding and reception.
Hunt out the best caterers, DJs, bands and entertainment using our wedding directory, interview suppliers and book them.
Get In Shape
Now would not be a bad time to join a gym and get back into shape so your bride has something to look forward to on her honeymoon.
10 MONTHS TO GO
Select your attendants.
Your best man and grooms men have an important role to play. Choose friends and family you can rely on and decide how much or how little you want to involve them all.
Research honeymoon locations.
Time to figure out where you want to spend your honeymoon. Check out list of top 20 destinations.
Arrange the cars.
Make sure that transport for you, your families and attendants - to and from the wedding venue - is all arranged.
Contact your guests.
You don't need to send out invitations yet but a reminder to save the date is a good idea.
9 MONTHS TO GO
Decide on a menu.
A tasting session with your caterer will help you choose the most appropriate dishes.
Order the alcohol (if applicable)
Find out if glassware is included and if corkage charges at your venue are applicable
Book your buttonholes.
Talk to your florist about a arrangements that will go with the bridal bouquet.
Discuss who will speak at the reception.
A few months' notice will give them enough time to get over their nerves and objections.
8 MONTHS TO GO
Plan the ceremony.
If you are not familiar with the religious traditions, meet with your pundit/granthi/imam to discuss the same.
Finalise your guest list.
It's time to have that really big row about all the relatives who your parents want to invite.
Plan your trip.
Extra honeymoon treats such as spa sessions, exclusive restaurant reservations should ideally be arranged in advance.
7 MONTHS TO GO
Decide on your order of service.
Agree your plans with your priests and print booklets for all your guests to understand your ceremony.
. Order the invitations.
Take this opportunity to buy place cards and menus from your printer too.
Choose a cake.
A wedding cake is just one option. try petit fours or traditional indian desserts.
Meet up with your best man.
Let him know what you will expect of him over the coming months.
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride