Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer Before You Sign the Contract
- Author Lizzie Mosley
- Published June 20, 2012
- Word count 551
You've got a list of the top wedding photographers based on recommendations and research, but now comes the hard part: entrusting one of them with the everlasting memory of your wedding. Finding the best wedding photographer for you, your family and your wedding will depend not only on your intuition, but also on how thorough you are in interviewing him or her.
You can glean a lot of information from just the first contact with the wedding photographer. This is your opportunity to ask if he or she would even be available on the day of your wedding and if so, when you can meet for a more thorough conversation. After the first contact, ask yourself these questions:
Did you like his or her personality? Did you feel comfortable talking with him/her?
Was he or she responsive and easily contactable by email or phone?
Did he or she answer all your questions clearly and thoroughly, and make you feel welcome to ask more?
Was he or she accommodating to your needs and special requests?
The face-to-face meeting is when you get to know the wedding photographer much better by interviewing him or her. Consider the following questions for your first appointment:
How long have you been in business? How many years of experience do you specifically have in wedding photography? How many weddings have you covered?
Have you covered a wedding at my venue before?
How will we receive the photos to select from? Online gallery and downloadable from the website, a photo CD or proofs?
How can I, my family and my friends order reprints?
How long after the wedding can I see the photos? How much time do I have to select the photos?
Will you be the person I'll be doing business with after the wedding? Will you help me select photos?
How much time will you spend at our wedding? What are your overtime fees?
Will you personally be the wedding photographer at my wedding? Do you have an assistant? What is his or her role? Can I meet him or her?
Will you be more or less invisible at the wedding or will you be making requests of the wedding party and guests?
Do you have any special packages, plans or options? Do you create wedding albums and design Thank You cards?
How can you get the most flattering shot of my face and body?
What is your cancellation policy? What if the wedding date changes?
Do you keep back-up copies of all your wedding photos?
Do you provide any guarantees on your services?
Will you be taking film or digital photos? Why? If digital, what is the resolution at which you'll set your camera? (Photos at 12 megapixels allow for quality enlargements).
What is your photography style? Photojournalistic (more candid shots), traditional (more posed shots), both or another style altogether?
What is your philosophy on wedding photography?
What's the worst wedding situation you've experienced and how did you problem solve your way through it?
Are you formally educated in photography? Do you have any credentials, certifications, awards or recognitions?
How will you be dressed on the wedding day?
Can I see a full wedding album of a wedding you've covered? How about one from the backroom or one that's going to be picked up soon?
Can we edit and enhance your wedding photos for you? At Apex Photo Retouch, we specialize in retouching bulk wedding photos for wedding photographers and newlyweds. We provide high quality, timely and accurate photo editing services. Whether we're retouching simple skin blemishes or removing objects from a photo, our work is always of the highest standards. Contact Apex Photo Retouch to perfect the memories of your special day.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride