Colours that add a splash to your wedding day
- Author Michelle Rider
- Published August 8, 2012
- Word count 477
Choosing a colour scheme for your wedding can be a tough decision, and is often the source of great worry for brides to be. The colour you pick will set the tone and style for the entire day, and while the majority of brides will stick with white or cream for their own dresses, choosing a colour for the bridesmaids, flowers, ties for the groom and ushers and even tableware is not as easy as it seems.
There are many things to consider when deciding on the colour theme, and the time of year will play a big role. Yellows and pinks are great for spring weddings, while traditionally dark green and reds are often better suited to a winter wedding.
The wedding venue should also be taken into consideration, and you should always choose colours that complement the setting, the carpet, walls and decoration. Also, think about what mood you want to create. Soft colours can evoke a traditional, romantic atmosphere, while bold colours can add a modern, dramatic twist.
Brides should also think about the colour they want their bridesmaids to wear as this will influence the rest of the theme. While you may have your heart set on a pink wedding, if your bridesmaids aren’t happy wearing this, or if it doesn’t suit them, then you may have to reconsider.
When you have decided on the colour of your wedding, what’s the best way of working this into your big day? This is normally done through your choice of flowers and in your bridesmaids dresses, but you should also consider your table decorations, chair covers and favours. Think about the colour of your wedding cake, or dress up a plain white cake with flowers or a ribbon in your chosen colour. You could swap plain white napkins with coloured versions, or go even further by choosing table cloths to match your scheme.
Wedding colours are like all fashions - what is hot one year may not be the following. In 2011 royal and cobalt blue were trending and this continued into last year with bright and deep blues popular and navy growing in popularity. Purple and red were also top trends in 2012, and black and white were favourable with brides.
So what about for 2013? Last year experts predicted grey and silver would be big in 2013, but when one of the leading wedding venues in Essex, asked its 2013/2014 brides what colour their bridesmaids will be wearing, the overwhelming majority said pink and purple were the colours of choice. Blue was still popular, and neutral colours such as champagne, mink and cream were also trending.
Whatever scheme it is you choose, pick wisely. The colour you decide on will influence your bridesmaids’ dresses, napkins and even your wedding favours – go with what you feel comfortable with and use subtle splashes throughout your entire day.
Braxted Park is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Essex. Set in a stunning country estate it is the perfect wedding venue. Whether you prefer a summer or winter wedding, a church service or civil ceremony it is all catered for at Braxted Park. The elegant country house is a licensed wedding venueArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride