The Good and Bad Sides of Working as a Freelance Essay Writer
- Author Janet Papers
- Published July 12, 2013
- Word count 948
For those who wish to combine their love of writing with an earning career, the freelance writing option is the best. Webster’s dictionary defines a freelancer as "a writer, musician, and artist etc., who is not under contract for regular work but whose writings or services are sold to individual buyers." Most of the freelancers take up a special niche or area of expertise, usually in which they are educated or interested in, and write on topics pertaining to these. Others may be more versatile and are able to work on different subject matters with equal ease. Most of example academic essay writers advertise their services on niche forums or other specialized media platforms.
The best opportunity that this job style presents is time management. If for example, a person is out of work, or is on school or university vacation, or is home bound, freelance writing may help pass time and help earn some money. It also allows the person to hunt for new jobs, take care of family at home, carry on his or her education, have an active social life, and even work two jobs at the same time.
For a person who is a novice in the field of research writing, or has just graduated with a degree in language, the freelance market allows him or her to understand the dynamics of the publishing and literary world. Dissertation freelance writing may help him or her develops the skills as a writer, and understands how to create a balance between creativity of self and the needs of the client. This platform may serve as a starting point for the career of such individuals, and help in their discovery by publishing houses. Even those for whom writing is not the main profession, it may turn out to be a good career switching option. Many people who may not be able to give time to a full time career due to family responsibilities, especially mothers, may take up freelance writing as an at home option, thereby keeping themselves in the work stream. Freelance writing can also help in earning money to pay for part time education. If nothing else, freelance essay writing is a good method to engage oneself in a creative manner and augment income at the same time.
However, even with these benefits, there are some very serious risks involved. In the technological world of today, most of freelance writing takes place on the virtual world and through email. It has its own limitations and risks. For example, most of the time, the writers may be hired by companies which pay a very negligent amount to the writers in comparison to the amount that they charge from their client. The writer therefore, is denied his fair share of the amount. At other times, many writers may be recruited by fraudulent essay service companies, which fail to pay the writers when the time comes. These risks also mean that a writer who invests a large portion of his time and energies on a single large project may find in the end that there is no payment delivered. Also, since freelance writing mostly takes place on the internet, with tight timelines, the writer cannot afford to be without an internet connection for long. There are therefore, risks involved in freelance writing, and therefore, freelance writing should be treated like all other businesses.
Another risk that academic freelance writing brings with it is that there are no regular paychecks. Therefore, at certain times of the year, the writer simply may not have any projects. For example, during holidays and summer vacations, the term paper writer may not be receiving any form of work. Also, the amount of pay that the writer receives may be very inconsistent, due to which he or she cannot rely completely on writing as a steady source of income. Still at other times, the writer, due to personal problems, illness, or other commitments, may not be able to carry out work, and again may have to face financial shortages. These are some important risks that demand that a writer to consider an alternate steady source of income.
However, there are certain benefits that makes freelance writing so endearing. For example, the ability to work from home means that it saves up time and cost of travel to work. The writer is able to work at flexible times, since he chooses the projects for himself. He or she does not have to compromise on the social and family demands, since he can pace himself accordingly. For a mother with children, freelance writing means that she does not have to leave the children to work, and does not have to pay money for hiring babysitters. The only requirement for freelance writing are a fast and reliable computer and internet connection, which means no travelling costs, no costs for babysitters, and no costs for work clothes etc. In this regard, freelance writing is mostly a matter of suiting to the needs and times, and may even prove to be a financial lifesaver.
Working as a freelance essay writer is expanding knowledge of one’s field considerably. It exposes to various societies and their systems of working, especially health care system. It helps improve essay writing and research skills, make the most of one’s time, and earn cash in situations where commuting for daily work is not possible. It can also help save up money and allows the luxury of spending out of the way from time to time. But most of all, working as an independent essay writer gives more time to family and child, while at the same time enjoying academic research and writing.
- Updating Your LinkedIn Profile For The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Must I Be A Good Writer For Me To Blog?
- How to write a final year project from chapter one to five
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment
- 5 Effective Steps To Write An Essay Outline