Help for Repaying Quick Loans
- Author Laura Ginn
- Published January 18, 2014
- Word count 710
Quick loans are intended to provide short-term funding for emergency situations, such as an unexpected car breakdown. They are not intended to serve as long-term financial solutions. As such, quick loans typically have very short repayment periods, ranging from one week to as long as 30 or 35 days.
However, you may run into a situation where you are unable to make payments as scheduled to payday lenders. Although this situation can be unnerving, you should not panic, and you should definitely not attempt to hide from your creditors. There are options available that will allow you to repay the loan with minimal harm to your credit report, and without being made bankrupt. The key is to act quickly and decisively, and to reach out for help from third parties if you need it.
Dealing With Payday Lenders
If you have quick loans that you know you cannot pay off, your first move should be to cancel any direct debit authorizations, standing orders or recurring payments. This will prevent the payday loan company from attempting to withdraw funds from your account, thereby avoiding an overdraft. Your second move should be to should be to contact the lender directly. Explain your circumstances as transparently as possible and express your desire to work out alternate payment arrangements that are mutually acceptable.
Many lenders will offer you the opportunity to "roll over" the principle of the loan and pay only the interest if you cannot pay in full. Resist the temptation to accept such an offer, especially if you know that you will be unable to make payment in full whenever the next due date occurs. Instead, be prepared to present alternative arrangements that you have worked out that will allow you to repay the loan without "roll overs."
Working Out Pro-Rata Offers
Pro-rata offers are based on making payments based on your available disposable income. The pro-rata system is the system used by the courts to determine what debtors can reasonably afford to pay. Most reputable creditors, including many lenders of quick loans, will accept repayment plans based on a pro-rata system.
For instance, you may have available disposable income of £200 a month to pay toward your debts, but you owe £2,000 to Payday Lender A and £1,500 to Payday Lender B for a total debt of £3,500. You would first multiply what you owe to Lender A by your available income for a total of £400,000. Divide this figure by £3,500 for a result of £114 to pay per month to Lender A. Then, multiply what you owe to Lender B by your available income for a total of £300,000. Divide this result by your total debt of £3,500 for a total of £86 per month to pay to Lender B.
Contact an Outside Intermediary Agency
If one or more of your lenders refuses to accept your pro-rata offer or alternative repayment plan, get help from an outside intermediary. Several organizations such as StepChange Debt Charity, National Debtline, and Citizens Advice (for England, Wales and Scotland) offer free advice to borrowers and will negotiate alternative payment arrangements with creditors. You can often work out a satisfactory repayment plan through one of these agencies without the need to take on the expense of creating a debt repayment plan with a commercial debt management company.
Budgeting Loan Scheme
If you or your partner have been collecting benefits such as Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credits for at least 26 weeks, and do not presently owe more than £1,500 to the Social Fund you may be eligible to borrow funds from the Budgeting Loan scheme, which is also administered through the Social Fund. If you have taken quick loans to pay for rent, household expenses or expenses related to searching for work, you may be able to obtain a loan from the Budgeting Loan scheme to repay your quick loans.
You must complete claim form SF500 and return it to your local Jobcentre Plus office. If you are turned down for a Budgeting Loan, you may appeal the decision by contacting the Jobcentre Plus office within 28 days with an explanation of why your case should be reviewed. If you are still unsatisfied, you may escalate your petition to be reviewed by an Independent Case Examiner, who should complete the review within 21 days.
Chris Blankknows that when people want access to quick loans they tend to look at a payday loans company to meet their needs. Check out the free information about payday loan companies on the uSwitch.com website and make sure you make the right choice.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash