Sources of Quick Loans
- Author Laura Ginn
- Published January 18, 2014
- Word count 743
If you have a poor credit profile and are facing a situation where you need to obtain funds quickly, your options may be limited. You are unlikely to achieve approval for a conventional bank loan, especially if your income is limited. As a result, you may be tempted to pursue quick loans from payday loan companies.
However, if your situation is truly dire, you may qualify for assistance from one or more government scheme. If not, by thinking outside the box, you can almost certainly find alternatives to payday lenders for quick loans that represent less of a threat to your financial well being. The loan sources listed below may serve as resources for one-off quick loans. On the other hand, if you find yourself regularly seeking sources for quick loans, you should re-evaluate your spending habits. You may need to cut back on your spending, figure out a way to boost your income - or both.
Loans From Friends and Family
You may hesitate to borrow from friends or family members because of the possible risk of causing a rift in your relationship. However, if the amount that you need is reasonably small, friends and family can provide a legitimate source of quick loans. Draw up an informal agreement and do everything in your power to repay the loan as quickly as possible. If circumstances beyond your control prevent you from repaying the loan as planned, come clean with your friend or family member, and work out alternate terms for repaying the loan whenever you are able.
Credit Card Cash Advances
If you need the money to pay day-to-day expenses, try purchasing the items you need with credit cards instead. While living off credit cards is not ideal, interest rates charged for transactions is far lower than those for cash advances. However, if you need hard cash and you have no other means of obtaining money, cash advances from credit cards are preferable sources for quick loans than payday loans. If you do opt for a credit card cash advance, borrow what you need in a single transaction if possible, because credit card companies typically impose hefty charges on each transaction.
Credit Union Loans
Local credit unions are a good source for quick loans. Interest rates for credit union loans are much lower than those for payday loans, and credit unions are often more lenient with credit than conventional banks. You must be a member in good standing; however, it is likely that you are eligible for membership in at least one credit union in your area.
If you have funds available, you may tap into your bank overdraft as a source of quick loans. If you opt to draw from your overdraft, never go over your pre-arranged limit. Otherwise you will encounter fees that nearly rival those of payday loans. You should also repay the overdraft as soon as you are able.
Whole of Life Insurance Policies
If you have been paying premiums for a whole of life insurance policy, you might have accumulated a tidy sum that is available for you to borrow against. Ordinarily, drawing funds out of your life insurance policy is not a good idea, especially if you intend to use those funds to finance your retirement. However, if you are desperate, withdrawing funds from a whole life insurance policy is preferable to obtaining a payday loan.
Did Great-Uncle Frederick leave you a valuable pocket watch? If so, you may be able to obtain the funds you need from a pawn shop. Bear in mind that pawn shops will only allow you to borrow a fraction of the value of the items that you offer as collateral. If you have any doubts about your ability to repay, think twice before opting for a pawn shop loan. If you default on repayment, the pawn shop will confiscate Uncle Fred's watch.
If you are absolutely at the end of your financial rope, payday loans may indeed represent your only alternative for quick loans. If so, look for a lender that is registered with the Office of Fair Trading. Seek out a loan with a repayment period of at least 30 days and borrow as little as possible. Do everything in your power to repay the loan in full on your first repayment due day. Rollovers can quickly cause a modest payday loan to escalate into an amount that you will find nearly impossible to repay.
Chris Blank appreciates that when you need a loan fast, payday loan companies can look very appealing. Visit uswitch.com/loans/payday-loans/ to learn more about finding an affordable payday loan from a reputable provider.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is the Process of Buying a Car Worth your Time?
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia