Ayurveda Medicinal properties of banana
- Author Dr.savitha Suri
- Published January 20, 2014
- Word count 508
Banana is the largest herbaceous flowering plant. This plant grows 6 to 7.5 meters tall. This herb belongs to genus "musa". The plant has soft pseudo stem and spirally arranged long leaves. Leaves may grow 2.5 meters long and ½ meter wide.
This plant is known as "Kadali" in Sanskrit. The fruit is known as "kadali phala". Fruits, stems and flowers are regularly used in south Indian cuisine.
According to texts of ayurveda banana fruit balances vata and pitta dosha. The fruit is used in herbal preparations for bed wetting in children. The stem of this herb is useful in kidney stones. The flowers are useful in diabetes and ulcers. The leaves of this plant are used in nature cure treatments like mud bath, banana leaf bath etc. The tender leaves have cooling and soothing effect when applied on burns.
Medicinal properties of Banana
Banana is a store house of minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates. It contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc etc. Vitamins A, B, C, B-6 etc are also available in plenty.
Presence of iron in banana helps to boost the production of haemoglobin. This helps persons who suffer from anemia.
High blood pressure occurs due to high sodium level and low potassium level. Banana contains plenty of potassium. This helps to balance sodium potassium level and reduce hypertension or high blood pressure. There is a strong link between hypertension or high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction. As potassium helps to reduce high blood pressure, it also helps in erectile dysfunction. This fruit reduces the risk of stroke.
Banana contains calcium in good amount. Through researches it has been found that calcium helps to increase sperm motility. Banana is an ideal food for men to keep their sexual life healthy and active.
Banana has rich fiber content. This helps to increase bowel movement. Thus people who suffer from constipation are highly benefited by consumption of this fruit. High fiber and iron content, makes this fruit an ideal snack item for pregnant ladies.
Apart from these benefits banana acts as a brain tonic and helps to boost memory power. It calms nervous system, reduces stress and depression. This magic fruit helps to overcome morning sickness and heart burn.
Ripe bananas are ideal food for infants. Face mask of ripe mashed bananas help to rejuvenate skin and prevent formation of wrinkles. This fruit help to supply required vitamins and minerals to smokers who are trying to quit smoking. The craving for nicotine reduces by consumption of this wonderful fruit.
Raw banana or green banana is a store house of minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates. It contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc etc. Vitamins A, B, C, B-6 etc are also available in plenty. Potassium helps to reduce high blood pressure. There is a strong link between hypertension or high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction. As potassium helps to reduce high blood pressure, it also helps in erectile dysfunction. Recent studies have shown that calcium is needed for sperm motility. Banana is an ideal food for men to keep their sexual life healthy and active.
There are no posted comments.
- Tips for Satisfying Couples To Reach Peak Orgasm
- LGBT Statistics: How many people are gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender?
- Why is N.O. So Important for Erection Quality (EQ) and Sexual Performance?
- Do You Really Know About Bisexuality? – Break the Rumors
- 5 Ways For Men to Improve Sexual Performance
- The Benefits of Having Sex More Often
- How to Keep Your Sex Life Healthy?
- Sexless Marriage Reasons and Remedies
- Sexuality of Violence and Other Human Predations – Part 2
- 5 Simple and Successful Methods to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction
- Sex love and hard times
- Discover How Losing Weight Helps Improve Your Sex Life
- Here’s why you need to get a tantric massage
- Exercises that Stimulate Libido and Boost Sex Drive
- Love: 7 golden rules to keep your relationship going
- The major causes of yeast infections
- Why Paid Companions Make for the Ideal Adult Entertainment?
- Discover True Indulgence with Tantric Massages in Bayswater
- Is it mandatory to avoid sexual intimacy during and after medical abortion?
- Why Try a Tantric Massage in London?
- Birmingham Dolls - Central Hub of GFE Companionship
- What can you expect during a couples massage?
- Enter the World of Kink by Knowing What is BDSM
- Top 5 home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor without side effects
- Reasons to get a tantric massage
- Tantra Massage - Why are People Crazy about This Therapy?
- Things You Should Not Do During a Four Hand Massage
- Tadalista Super Active
- How Can You Improve Your Sensual Massage Experience?