Writing a Research Proposal
- Author Carl Andrews
- Published October 5, 2015
- Word count 465
Writing a research proposal is a key endeavor in all graduate studies. When undertaking a research project at the graduate level, a research proposal is a prerequisite, where serves an important role in determining the worthiness of the research project. The research proposal serves the following functions.
a) It is important in convincing the Supervisory Committee that your research project is worth pursuing. Arguably, it is true that a research proposal reflects on how good or bad a research project is likely to be.
b) It’s a tool used to help scholars conduct an in-depth preliminary research. Writing the research proposal is essential in ensuring that scholars carry out adequate research on a topic of interest in an effort to determine how feasible the research is.
c) The research proposal is important in highlighting the fundamental issues entailed in the research project by providing a broad analysis of the research topic as well as the research process.
d) Equally, the research proposal plays an important role in securing the funding necessary in conducting the research. A well written research proposal is the difference between success in securing research funds and failure to.
A good research proposal could be defined by numerous elements. Such elements include:
a) It must answer fundamental questions. A research proposal must answer various questions. These questions include; what you want to do, the time required, and the necessary funding; the intended research impacts; what has been covered in your research area of interest; and evaluation of the results.
b) The research proposal should have the right content. This means that it should be objective, clear, and realistic in its objectives. The objectives should be well stipulated and effectively justified. Equally, you should address the benefits to be realized from the research project.
c) Importantly, when writing the research proposal, the right style should be used. This requires that you use structured text, varying sentence length, draw on short paragraphs, and use diagrams or images where necessary.
The structure of a research proposal could vary based on requirements by different institutions; however, a contemporary research proposal could include some of these sections.
a) Abstract: It should be brief and include the key elements of the research proposal including the research question, hypothesis, methodology, and findings.
b) Introduction: It should provide the research problem’s background. The background should stipulate what makes the research important or necessary.
c) Literature Review: The literature review should be expansive enough to ensure that it covers all previous studies on the topic to avoid repetition.
d) Methods: This should explain how the research problem will be answered. It encompasses the research work plan and respective activities.
e) Results: This should highlight the data you intend to collect in the research project.
With more than 7 years experience of professional paper writing, Carl in collaboration with a team of experts will ensure that you come up with top quality papers, may it be academic work, job/opportunity seeking papers, or professional reports.
If you need more help on how to write a superior research proposal, contact Carl at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.professionalwritingbay.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Characteristics of a Good Children’s Book
- Updating Your LinkedIn Profile For The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Must I Be A Good Writer For Me To Blog?
- How to write a final year project from chapter one to five
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment