Love is all Around
- Author Donna Serino
- Published November 9, 2015
- Word count 1,067
Wedding trends will forever be a hot topic. Brides, wedding professionals and outside vendors have a real need to be aware of the very latest in all things bridal. Fortunately for you, 2016 will not disappoint you.
Isn’t it scary to think that at one point in time weddings were (dare we say?) basic? While not to take away from the glamour of weddings past, you cannot deny there was a uniform approach. The modern couple is so fortunate. There are countless options to mix and match. Once pulled together, you are left with a truly unique experience. Desserts have gone from cherries jubilee to custom-designed cakes. Signature cocktails have replaced White Russians. Everyone loves a good throwback but thank goodness for choices!
In planning a wedding, the venue is clearly one of the most important factors. A chosen venue means a scheduled date, time, actual location and backdrop. When choosing a venue, many couples are looking for the ideal spot. However, you can basically work with any location and transform it. It simply depends on your imagination…and budget. Lacking a little in one, either or both? You are in luck! There are so many gorgeous venues to choose from! Bonus! Venues also offer one of the easiest places for couples to compromise. Torn between an indoor or outdoor reception? Many locations provide both.
When choosing a venue, you may wish to consider:
Two-in-one Locations. You can get the most bang for your buck with a venue that features the facilities to cater to both your ceremony and reception. If two venues are a must, you may wish to consider looking into transportation for your guests.
Simple doesn’t necessarily mean easy. When done right, industrial and rustic destinations deceptively look simple. Keep in mind that these types of places are typically blank canvases. Typically, you should expect renting everything necessary to facilitate a reception (e.g. tables, chairs, linens, catering). Event designers are ideal in this type of situation.
Social interaction has transformed the way you communicate with the world; you shouldn’t be surprised that it has also left an impact on weddings. By now, hash tags have become commonplace. For the tech-friendly couple or those who choose to be "unplugged", there are many options to consider:
Drones. Yes, you read it right. With today’s wide range of unique venues, it only makes sense to try and preserve the memory. For years, photographers and videographers have done their part. However, drones offer views that really cannot be matched.
GoPro. As the bride makes her way down the aisle, guests and photographers are zeroed in on her. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a unique perspective of the entire bridal party (and guests)? GoPro cameras allow just that. The cameras can be placed strategically throughout the venue; you are going to love the candid shots that may be enjoyed for years to come.
3D Printers. These high-tech printers machines create jaw-dropping detailed cakes that are designed to impress. Really want to ‘wow’ your guests? Hire a 3D printing vendor for your actual reception. Guests will be thrilled watching their custom treats being made-to-order. (It may even rival actually enjoying the unique delicacies!) For the super modern bride, you can actually have your wedding gown ‘printed’. Yes, your dream dress can be fully printed to perfectly match your measurements. Not ready to take the plunge? That’s ok. When it comes to technology, it is sometimes about baby steps. Embrace the 3D trend by sewing specially made appliques to your original gown’s design.
Shades of Color.
The modern couple seems to be moving towards a more uniform color palette but is still hesitant to go monochrome. What is the best way to choose your shades? Choose your main color and then complimentary accompanying shades.
Easy ways to add a little color to your Big Day:
Bridal Party Attire. Like you, your bridal party also appreciates the idea of having options. It is not unusual to see complimentary bridesmaid dresses; they can either be shades of one hue or complimentary colors. And for the gents… they are having fun by making some bold moves with their socks, ties and sneakers (preferable, Converse).
Linen Rental. Your wedding design may require linen selections that are not available at your venue. Restaurants and catering halls do not have the space to storage a large inventory. A local linen rental company can easily acquire party linen rentals. Specialty linens are an easy way to make a big impact. There are many ways to work linens into your tablescapes. You may keep it simple with colored tablecloths and napkins. Or you can add a hint of drama with overlays, chair covers and sashes. (If possible, test out a few looks so there are no surprises.)
Healthy but hearty.
Savvy brides, like you, are choosing healthier menu options. While there are often the typical entrees, caterers are incorporating more natural-based items. Colorful plates are also all the rage. Vegetables are a clear winner here. They naturally are visually appealing, often bold in flavor, easy to work into a meal and good for you.
Additional food trends are:
• Don’t Underestimate the Appetizers. Canapés are always a welcomed delight.
• Make modifications. Modify comfort foods to support your specific theme (and perhaps, be a little healthier)
• Just A Sip. Many couples demand an open bar. After all, guests love them. With today’s stronger drinks, you may wish to offer transportation and sleep accommodations. For the non-drinkers, think ‘smart’ drinks like coconut and vitamin water. They will revitalize guests and keep them energized throughout your entire celebration.
A Sweet Farewell.
Send your guests off with a special memory of their own. Better yet. Send them off with a sinfully, sweet treat. You may keep it simple with some milk and cookies. Or step it up a notch with one of the 3-D ‘print-outs’ mentioned earlier. Whatever you choose…just make sure to send them home with a smile.
Designing a wedding can be quite overwhelming. Between all the wedding planning sites, the articles, social media…..shall we go on? While it is great to have options, it sometimes can be a bit too much. We hope that you have enjoyed a quick look at some current and upcoming bridal trends. Happy planning!
Hallak Cleaners is a full service couture dry cleaner. With nearly fifty years of experience, Hallak has become a trusted name among our clients and the finest fashion boutiques. Visit www.hallak.com for a comprehensive list of all our services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Creating your unique wedding day
- The Green Bride