Six Reasons You Should Wear A Wedding Locket Necklace
- Author Gillian Crawford
- Published April 30, 2019
- Word count 561
It has to be one of the most romantic gestures ever. When Brad Pitt married Angelina Jolie at their family home, Chateau Miraval in Correns France, he gave her a locket. The Locket contained a photograph of her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand. Angelina's mother, whom she adored, died of ovarian cancer in 2007 at the age of just 56. Brad and Angelina had been dating for two years. But Marcheline did not live long enough to see the couple marry or to meet their brood.
By giving Angelina the locket, Brad ensured her mother's "presence" at the wedding. It meant she remained in everyone's thoughts throughout the day. Wedding lockets have long been a feature of Eastern cultures. Many Indian brides wear a wedding locket on their big day. Now they are beginning to take off in the west.
At Lily Blanche requests for wedding lockets have soared in the past two years. As weddings become increasingly personalized, brides want to include meaningful features. These have special significance for them. The wedding locket is a popular way to ensure a parent, grandparent or special friend who cannot be there, is not forgotten. It is a great way to include them in proceedings and keep them close to your heart.
Six of the Best - Wedding Lockets
The Lily Blanche Memory Keeper Locket. This special, multi-photo locket comes in sterling silver, 18 carat gold, rose gold vermeil. The Memory Keeper Locket opens to reveal six secret photographs. This is a wonderful family locket that can be filled with memories of the big day. It makes a really special piece for a bride, mother of the bride, grandmother or groom's mother as a memento of the wedding. The locket is hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office and is engraveable. An heirloom piece of fabulous craftsmanship. Choice of chain lengths available. Available from www.lilyblanche.com From £250
Roberto Coin Disney x Roberto Coin Princess Cinderella Locket. Small rectangular 18 carat gold and diamond locket exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue. From £4,460
Rose Gold Feather Locket. Feathers appear when angels are near is the saying which inspired this locket. It is especially relevant if the person you are commemorating by wearing the at your wedding has passed away. This round locket in sterling silver takes two photos or a tiny keepsake and can be engraved. It features an 18 carat gold or rose gold vermeil charm. It can be teamed with matching feather earrings, feather bracelets and feather pendants. This means that the entire bridal party can take part. Available from www.lilyblanche.com and selected stockists. From £100.
Renee Lewis Charm Necklace. Perfect for the boho bride, this busy necklace features a variety of eclectic charms and a central locket with a moon and stars design. Available from Barneys. $48,000.
Monica Rich Kosann, Four Midi Locket. This gold locket takes four photos. A pretty, plain oval locket, available from Monica Rich Kosann From $5625
Lily Blanche Vintage Heart Locket. This stunning, heart-shaped locket is a real statement piece. With a red heart-shaped garnet or bright blue topaz at its center, it is the ultimate romantic locket. The Vintage Heart Locket opens to take two photos or a keepsake. It comes in sterling silver, gold or rose gold vermeil. Hallmarked in Edinburgh, the locket looks fabulous on a bride who has roses in her bouquet. From £150. Available from www.lilyblanche.com and selected stockists.
Gillian Crawford is an award-winning journalist with the Sunday Times and is vice-chair of the British Association of Women Entrepreners BAWE (Scotland) She is founder of https://www.lilyblanche.com/
You can read more about wedding lockets athttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Guide to Choosing Bridal Bouquets
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Online Wedding Biography
- Who Gets Alimony, and Who Pays It?
- What about wedding veils?
- How To Find The Best Wedding Videographer For Your Special Day
- "Honesty" in the Wedding Planner Business
- Addressing Child Marriage through Professional Translations
- 9 Fun Traditions of Asian Brides on Their Wedding Day
- When to Turn to Marriage Counseling
- Is this a kind of Betrayal?
- Planning an Indian Wedding
- 4 Things A Man Must Do Before Getting Married
- Wedding Readings For Gay Couples
- Matchless and Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas for 2018
- 10 Unique and Affordable Wedding Favor Ideas
- Value: Everything You Have In Your Relationships
- His Secret Obsession E-Book Review
- Why Fall Weddings Are Best
- Why Fall Weddings Are the Best
- How To Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- Be the Best Man
- What to look for when buying an informal wedding gown
- 6 Essential Financial Tips for Newlyweds
- How To Choose Chairs For Your Wedding
- Using Wedding Resources that are LGBT Wedding Friendly
- Breaking the Stereotypes about Russian Women
- Brazilian Wedding Traditions
- Love is all Around
- Creating your unique wedding day