A Quarter Empty Or Three Quarter's Full - What's Your Mind Set.
- Author Stan Lewis
- Published December 17, 2005
- Word count 789
There are so many people in the world that go out of their way to find the negative, the errors, the wrongs, etc. in all areas of life they come into contact with. This article will discuss who 1/4 empty people are and the problems with having a 1/4 empty mentality.
I and others like me will see a glass that has 6 oz. of coffee in it and say that it is 3/4 full, but many others will say that it is 1/4 empty. There are several reasons why ¼ empty people see things in such a negative light. The first reason that the 1/4 empty people are so negative, is due to the toll that bad life experiences, personal choices, friends /acquaintances, etc. have had on their lives. The second reason is that they have "allowed" these things to shape their thinking. Now let’s take a generally accepted rule, that if you can do something for 21 days - it will become a habit. Just imagine someone immersing themselves in anger over bad life experiences in their work place and at home. Imagine never putting bad personal choices behind you and learning from them. Think about having so called friends and acquaintances hurting them, and that person never being able to get over those hurts. Think about these and other negative things affecting a person thought processes for not just 21 days, but for months and years. Thus, such people have minds shaped by negativity, anger, disappointment, mistrust, etc. - the eye of these people's minds, can only see the glass as 1/4 empty.
As a Christian Life Coach, it hurts me to see people hurting this way. Allow me to explain why this mind set is and will continue to be so hurtful. There is a saying, "…into each life - a little rain must fall." Each of us is going to have good days and bad days. But we need to give our good days their proper due and celebrate them as positive achievements. And on the bad days, when we fall, we should think about what it was that made or caused us to fall and see getting up as a victory. Instead, the 1/4 empty people have mind sets that cause them to hold pity parties. If you do not encourage yourself for what you do well, you are not recognizing your victories. If we do not try to get right back up after we fall, we tend to wallow in pity. We ask pointless questions like, "why me"? The questions is pointless, because even if a 1/4 empty person has or obtains the answer to "why me" - they won't act on it. The difference between their expectations in life, home, friendships etc. and the harsh realities that 1/4 empty people are living in is huge. This large distance between their expectations and reality is their level disappointment. 1/4 empty people are so locked into their disappointment, that they can not or will not see past the bad experiences, negative choices, or painful hurts.
We should seek to improve ourselves so that we do not fall again or at least, not as hard as we did before. And each time we fall, we repeat the process to improve ourselves and do what is with in our control. It is with in our control to change our expectations regarding our life, work, friends, etc. To do this, we need to set our sites higher. In Colossians 3:2 it says, “2. Set your minds on things above and not on earthly things.” Those higher things are to: be the best person that one can be by always seeking to improve one's personal and spiritual growth; working as if you were working for the Lord himself, no matter if you are an employee or business owner. Set positive -attainable goals for yourself, so that you get to where you want to go. If you trust in God and do these things, you can overcome bad life experiences; you can put both put aside hurts from personal & professional relationships; and you can get past your negative choices.
You are going to fall, but don't print any invitations to pity parties. You can overcome, put aside and get past whatever caused you to fall. Seek out a helping hand. There are plenty of Christian Coaches and other such accountability partners that can help you change your mindset and set positive, challenging, and attainable goals for yourself. You do not have to be alone in changing your mind set over the next 21 to 90 days. Your first major victory is determining that you will no longer have a 1/4 empty mindset and then acting upon your new mind set by deciding upon and by putting into place the steps you need to meet this goal.
Stan Lewis is a Christian Leadership & Life Coach. If you liked this article, you should really check out his new “Thinking Style” assessment by Clicking Here or his other FREEBIES at http://www.realleadership4coachinglife.com
Questions about this article or you need assistance, please call me at 214-629-7217Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stress of the Orthodox Paths
- Workaholism As Futile
- Examination is not a true test of knowledge
- 3 Philosophical Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Regularly
- On Honesty
- When every day, I tell Janice that I'm her mother, and that her mother is always with her
- When in Janice's orphanage, I talk to Janice about politics of observer being victory of politics over abstract
- When because of Juno Skinner, from True Lies, the US supernatural woman can help me create positive moral tragic
- When the American supernatural woman gave me The Representative, and my past anti-nationalism, so that I can enjoy helping her
- When 21 years ago, the supernatural US woman used Miramax's 54 to tell me that sexy sexy socialism is evil
- When Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl creates communism from tyranny data, so that Janice can live safely in Batman Forever
- When taking the piss takes the piss out of Valak, in the Mullins barn, so that science can be a series of AI psychologies
- When the American supernatural woman turns CNN into a false political anti-magic, so that she can be outsmarted by UK royalty
- When The Craft's Bonnie Harper wants me to love Janice, by turning UK humour's freedom from science into an evil evil
- When I become a UK Prime Minister, so that Alison Parker and Brittney Havers can protect my Annabelle: Creation body
- When I delete my story, The Representative, so that the American people can criticize me if I fail to love Janice
- When future robots choose to end American extramarital affairs, so that my brain can turn Annabelle Creation into a real reality
- When the GOP can't use 112 Ocean Avenue, because the sexiness of the US Senator Kamala Harris opposes Harvard University
- When European men and women are designed by nature to want to serve American businesswomen because the latters support monarchy
- When as Janice's sexy mother, I mess with Europe's royal women by having her see me smoke a cigar in a mansion hot tub
- When I can wear a sequin maxi dress for Janice, because Annabelle Creation has turned me into her sexy American mother
- When American mothers choose to oppose UK monarchs, so that Darth Maul is safe from extramarital affairs and press conferences
- When Scream's Sidney Prescott creates the US, so that Fox News can't copy the UK's vow to ABC's Cecilia Vega
- When The Sentinel's Alison Parker has UK royals think that space is a son of CNN, so that space can be a US trophy wife
- When CNN and the White House create science, so that FHM's Kelly Brook can't turn all adults into female supermodels
- When geology watches the 2004 movie Wild Things 2, in order to remember why it was that a wizard outsmarted the North Pole
- When Heaven refuses to use a mansion like a nightclub, so that all adults can try to wear a suit like ABC's Cecilia Vega
- Shame on You!
- A British computer, that defeats Egyptian Gods so that no aristocrat or monarch is the creator of the sexy American female CEO
- When CNN jumps up and down on outer space, so that a Spanish university can ignore a teddy bear in a nightclub